Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Removing Savage Rear Wheel :( (Read 36 times)
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Re: Removing Savage Rear Wheel :(
Reply #15 - 09/08/06 at 08:59:48

mirmont wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Hmm..I don't have a center stand or a jack..I'm contemplating just taking it into the mechanic and having them do it.

It's $30 to patch the tire by itself, or $50 if I take the whole bike in there.

Unless you can put things back together ( I Can't) take it to the mechanic, he probably has a family to feed & needs the work. It's not worth getting hurt doing the job or not doing it right.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #16 - 09/08/06 at 11:11:46

RadarORiley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
Unless you can put things back together ( I Can't) take it to the mechanic, he probably has a family to feed & needs the work. It's not worth getting hurt doing the job or not doing it right.

I agree with Radar on that but still take a peek at the homemade stand anyway, for future use if nothing else.  It's easy to build and works well.  By the way, I'd always opt for replacing the tube entirely on tubed tires instead of patching.  In my opinion, patching should be emergency use only.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 09/08/06 at 12:32:56

While you have things apart, smear a BIT of grease or oil on that axle bolt... it will make things come apart more easily next time. Grin

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #18 - 09/08/06 at 18:55:34

I picked up my bike and set it on an 8" cinder block. A real b!tch to do by yourself might I add. It set up perfectly straight and stayed there without a prop.

WWW   IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #19 - 09/08/06 at 20:05:50

RadarORiley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:

radar is right. Tire changes can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 8 hours. Let the pros do the work, its worth the peace of mind.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:32:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Removing Savage Rear Wheel :(

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.