Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
progressives shocks assistance (Read 6 times)
georgekathe
Ex Member

progressives shocks assistance
09/02/06 at 16:47:48

I've done a pretty good search on progressives shocks on here & ones that seemed most suitable were 11" (not 12.5" as many said they had due their raising the back end; some said they used 11", however, so I thought I'd go with those).

There appeared to be some stating they had one of these two types - 412-4232 or 412-4323  - I could find no clues as to what the difference is. Anyone out there?

Also, I am about 180 lbs, 5' 9" & ride solo - can anyone help with advice on loadings etc, what one to buy?

Lastly, it seems as if many of the progressive springs come for Harley machines. Do you have to buy inserts so they will bolt on to/over the Suzuki's metric size holes/fittings?

Tried to find all this out on either our or proessive's web sites without much luck. Your help would be appreciated.

thanks, George Grin

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Re: progressives shocks assistance
Reply #1 - 09/02/06 at 17:30:36

Proggresive makes shocks for metric bike.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #2 - 09/02/06 at 20:09:59

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/PDF/PS_2006_NONHD_CATALOG.pdf
Progressive's website isn't very easy to use but I managed to dig up some info. I think the shocks you need are: 412-4233C. That's the 11" version of the shocks I got. (I got 412-4207C, 12.5") These are made for the Suzuki VS800 Intruder & come with 3 different sizes of bushings & one set is a perfect fit. Personally, I wouldn't go heavy duty because they're made for the VS800 which is a heavier bike. I weigh 242 & use the lowest preload setting. Looks like they don't make the 11" in heavy duty anyway, at least in the 412 series. I'd call to verify though, because their website is a mess.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #3 - 09/02/06 at 20:40:17

Also, I read some old posts in the search function & some mentioned the 412-4232C as being softer than the 412-4233C. I looked for that one in the website & didn't see it. Might be there somewhere but Progressive doesn't have a search feature in their website. The old site was much better. Anyway, I hope this was more help than confusion.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 09/02/06 at 21:34:35

There's quit a bit posts around on it - when you search be sure and up the days 800 or something the default 180 won't find much - here's a place to start

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...

IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/03/06 at 02:16:03

thanks for link, reelthing & thanks babaloo for considered reply - think this is 2nd. time I have posed a question & you have answered it, @ least in part. thanks to all who have replied & will reply in future.

George Cheesy

IP Logged
yantis_flash
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/03/06 at 06:38:48

I just had to get my 2cents in, why dont you try Works Performance Products Inc.,they coustom build to what ever you want,and for the Savsge. I just got mine yesterday. I ordered 10 inch. I wanted mine a little lower, 10 3/4 is stock.It took a little over 2weeks,cost about the same other shocks,but made for our bikes. Smiley

IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #7 - 09/03/06 at 16:39:52

yantis_flash wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:09:
I just had to get my 2cents in, why dont you try Works Performance Products Inc.,they coustom build to what ever you want,and for the Savsge. I just got mine yesterday. I ordered 10 inch. I wanted mine a little lower, 10 3/4 is stock.It took a little over 2weeks,cost about the same other shocks,but made for our bikes. Smiley

How do they feel by comparison to the stock shocks?

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
http://bikepics.com/pictures/598442
bikingb   IP Logged
georgekathe
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/03/06 at 16:59:13

I looked @ Works Performance Products site after recommendation, but prices seem way above the $180+ quoted on other link you can get to from above for 412's. I know these are bottom of Progressive's line but seem to be ones Savage owners put on.

Was I missing something, yantis flash? If so, please give me model # of ones you bought & price & will use as guidelines & go from there w/Works Performance.

thanks, George Smiley

IP Logged
yantis_flash
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 09/04/06 at 14:07:04

SmileyNo your not missing anything,mine were $ 397/with shipping,the sales person I talked with asked if I had done any mods that would remove or add any weight and did I ride solo or 2up & how much I weigh and then said the shocks would be made to my needs for my bike.I though that was worth something.I wont be able to say how they work for a time yet,I am still working on getting the bike going after a lone time stored.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:26:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › progressives shocks assistance

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.