Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
my 2 cents on fork braces (Read 10 times)
georgekathe
Ex Member

my 2 cents on fork braces
09/02/06 at 13:06:37

I know there has been a lot of talk about this both recently & in the past but I've just fitted a "Superbrace" (cheapest I found was $137.95, including $12 shipping ex I-Bike)

I found its effect on undulating cureves to be at first a little discouraging, but as I rode, I got to apppreciate its properties. It really irons out the road & I look forwrad to increased front tire life too.

I strongly recommend buying one - having spent a lot recently (front tire & tube, brakes front & back, muffler & K & N filter, steel brake line & ancillaries), I was going to put off buying it for a while.

However, on reflection, I decided to not wait to purchase such a safe(ty) device - imagine wiggling off the road with the thought "If only I'd bought..."

I'm sure the one sold by the other member for around $90 works equally as well, but I like the smooth look of the Superbrace, feeling it blends into the style  I've tried to instill in my bike - long & lean.

Even if you don't slam it into corners like a demented cafe racer rider I think these are a worthwhile buy. Personally if I had to chose between a muffler & air filter & a fork brace I'd buy the latter - either type.

IP Logged
mickthelimey
Ex Member

Re: my 2 cents on fork braces
Reply #1 - 09/02/06 at 16:26:47

Any chance of a picture of the fork brace.
And where did you get it?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
  IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Re: my 2 cents on fork braces
Reply #2 - 09/02/06 at 17:34:36

I also bought my Superbrace at an E-bay store. I have pictures of my Superbrace on bikepics. Just click on the link in my signature line. I could not tell any differene in the handling of the bike, but I like anything chrome.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 00:19:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › my 2 cents on fork braces

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.