Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greetings from a new rider (Read 3 times)
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Greetings from a new rider
08/29/06 at 18:26:28

Hi all, I just want to say what a great site. I recently purchased a 1995 red Savage with just under 8000 miles for a paltry $1200. The bike is a lot of fun. I'm a new rider so the size is just fine while I get all me stupids out of the way learning to ride. I hope to take the rider safety course before the end of the season and get the permanent license. I bought the Clymer's manual and already swapped in a new drive belt as the old one had a rupture that the previous owner was unaware. The manual was quite handy as I'm not an ace mechanic but don't mind turning a wrench or two if I can. Most quotes from the stealerships for the belt change was anywhere from $275 to 500, the belt being around $162 by itself. So I dood it myself, and wasn't too traumatized. The bike is in good shape, just a few scuffs from an apparent low speed drop, no real damage except some scratches to paint on fender and tank and left front fork. I'm riding the bike totally stock for now but hope to do some of the usual mods that have been listed on this site, over the winter.

I'd like to touch up the paint but I'm not sure what the color match is. The Colorite site did not have a listing for a 95 red savage. Does anybody know what paint match I could use? I think I could airbrush away some of the scratches. Thanks. Again this is a wonderful site that has given me a lot of info in a very short amount of time. I hope to be able to contribute some in return. Rogue.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Greetings from a new rider
Reply #1 - 08/29/06 at 19:00:41

welcome, not sure of the right red..perhaps an opportunity for color change?  Anyway, enjoy yourself. it's fun.

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #2 - 08/30/06 at 06:23:40

welcome, the problem with reds and blues, is that they change color with exposure, so a match will be difficult if not impossible using color code alone. a chip match from an automotive paint store may be a better choice, and it may be the same red used on suzuki samari ? good luck

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/30/06 at 10:26:45

Welcome to the site...glad you found us...

IP Logged
Tim_C
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/30/06 at 15:24:59

Welcome....all wisdom shall come to those who browse

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #5 - 08/30/06 at 17:28:36

have you considered pearl white?? Its a very pleasing color on this bike.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #6 - 08/30/06 at 18:35:23

get you some flames from www.cyclegraphics.com to cover the scratches.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #7 - 08/30/06 at 19:43:35

Trippah wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
welcome, not sure of the right red..perhaps an opportunity for color change?  Anyway, enjoy yourself. it's fun.

What's wrong with red  Grin It's is a very visible sight for the cager + Cops  Shocked. So don't get too wild on the beast. Welcome aboard.

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 08/30/06 at 20:45:01

Welcome to the place.

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #9 - 08/31/06 at 02:53:11

Hi and welcome,
Now is the time to fit a Raask pipe and then of course you could fit a Mikuni VM38 which Lancer will willing sell you, and then you could fit the carb with a UFO and a Dial-A-Jet kit. Then there are the ergonomics, different bars, pegs and seat. And finally paint.
Just kidding, but there is a lot of stuff you can do to the Savage.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #10 - 08/31/06 at 18:34:29

Thanks for all the warm greetings, speaking of warmth, I coulda used some of that on the ride in to work this morning, Dyamn! It was cold. I guess Summer is over here in Mass.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:25:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Greetings from a new rider

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.