Send Topic Print
tank cushion. (Read 4 times)
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

tank cushion.
08/27/06 at 16:25:58

Does anyone know the inside diameter of the tank cushion?? If not, if anyone is getting ready to do a carb mod would you slip off the custion and measure either the ID of the cushion or the OD of the cushion mount??  I'm also curious as to where I could locate a wiring diagram. I seem to have some time on my hands and  my mental wheels are turning. Roll Eyes

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Re: tank cushion.
Reply #1 - 08/27/06 at 16:30:56

What type of wiring diagram do you need? I have Clymer manual for 86-03. I'll be glad to scan them and email to you. Don't know about the cushion measurement
Undecided SavageDude

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
Keith_B
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 08/27/06 at 16:31:34

Embarrassed I don't even know what a tank cushion is  :'(

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #3 - 08/27/06 at 16:33:31

I think he meant the rubber pieces that goes between the tank and the bike frame.

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #4 - 08/27/06 at 16:35:23

The wiring diagram is in the back of the Clymer manual seperated by year. By the tank cushion, you mean the little rubber pieces on the frame right?

WWW   IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #5 - 08/27/06 at 16:47:53

SavageDude wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
What type of wiring diagram do you need? I have Clymer manual for 86-03. I'll be glad to scan them and email to you. Don't know about the cushion measurement
Undecided SavageDude

Im specifically intrested in the wiring for the tank speedo, neural and blinkers. Send them to fulf62@hotmail.com. TIA.

No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #6 - 08/27/06 at 16:53:51

Keith_B wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Embarrassed I don't even know what a tank cushion is  :'(

Its the two round rubber mount that fit into the slide channels on the tank. They are the ones that many lube to facilitate easy tank removal and installation.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #7 - 08/27/06 at 16:55:14

steelwolf wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
The wiring diagram is in the back of the Clymer manual seperated by year. By the tank cushion, you mean the little rubber pieces on the frame right?

Yes sir, You are correct.

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #8 - 08/30/06 at 06:43:23

i replaced the tank cushions a few months ago, and i've got the old pair from debby's bike laying around the garage, i'll measure them and get back to you.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #9 - 08/30/06 at 19:45:02

this tech post has the diagrams - they're uploaded bigger than it shows so if you past the url in the address bar you can expand them.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099317926

http://suzukisavage.com/images/uploaded/harnessweb.jpg

http://suzukisavage.com/images/uploaded/SavElectweb.jpg

IP Logged
Tim_C
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/31/06 at 08:50:03

Cushions have an O.D. of1 5/16, an I.D. of 5/16 and are 1/2" wide...hope that helps

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #11 - 08/31/06 at 14:58:22

Tim_C wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Cushions have an O.D. of1 5/16, an I.D. of 5/16 and are 1/2" wide...hope that helps

thanks Tim C thats just what I wanted to know.

IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #12 - 08/31/06 at 15:00:58

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
this tech post has the diagrams - they're uploaded bigger than it shows so if you past the url in the address bar you can expand them.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099317926

http://suzukisavage.com/images/uploaded/harnessweb.jpg

http://suzukisavage.com/images/uploaded/SavElectweb.jpg

Thanks much for those diagrams. They were quite nice and very helpful. The gears are really turning now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:22:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tank cushion.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.