I got bored...(updated) (Read 19 times)
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Re: I got bored...(updated)
Reply #15 - 08/24/06 at 09:47:37

Hey Steelwolf, do you want another opinion? I can't help but think that your rear bobbed fender looks like no fender. How about a different fender extended about 4 to six inches and with more skirt?  Paint it  yellow to match, and then you got something.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #16 - 08/24/06 at 20:32:53

it a great start, you should get more bored. debadge the machine.  i would lower the fender closer to the wheel. i can send photos of a bracket you can fabricate easily and quickly.  once you start it's hard to finish.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #17 - 08/25/06 at 15:26:09

Bentwheel, I was kinda going for the no fender look but I didn't really want every little rock on the road hitting me in the back. But thanks for the idea, I do like it. In the end the whole bike will be the same color but probably not yellow. I like the yellow but when I paint it the yellow will only be a memory. I'm thinking "Thing" needs a more sinister paint scheam. The yellow is so "Happy".

Sluggo, thanks for the offer on the bracket pics. I'ld like to see them. The decals are gonna go as well I just haven't gotten around to it yet. The ones on the side covers were easy to get off so I yanked them shortly after taking the pics.

WWW   IP Logged
Tim_C
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 08/31/06 at 17:10:06

I really like the bobbed look but would want the fender to hug the tire,mounted to the swing arm.I tried to find a reasonably priced rounded fender but all i see is flat ones.Any ideas?

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #19 - 08/31/06 at 21:37:13

Fantastic bob job.  Two thumbs way up.  

And I dunno, I like the yellow on Thing.  Kinda reminds me of a hot rodded Model-A my grandpa used to have.

Love the handlebars.  Hang 'em high!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #20 - 09/01/06 at 01:09:23

8)Love the look! As for a paint scheme to replace the "happy" yellow? How 'bout a flat black, flat red 2-toned vintage Bobber scheme?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:16:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I got bored...(updated)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.