Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Riding 2 up (Read 6 times)
geo

I'm a Savage

Orlando
Riding 2 up
07/25/06 at 21:17:46

You must be kidding. Most motorcycles handle terribly with 2 people on board. The Savage is extra terrible. Therefore why have passenger pegs and a seat? This bike ought to be offered hith a single seat like a Harley 883.

Black 2002 Savage with SuperTrapp 13 discs, Dynajet Kit-DJ144, K&N drop-in, NGK-Iridium, Windscreen, Amsoil 10w-40, Metzeler ME880's
  IP Logged
Island_Biker
Ex Member

Re: Riding 2 up
Reply #1 - 07/26/06 at 07:43:07

Well, for me I sometimes drive one of my kids to work, or take my sweetheart on a short jaunt, so I'll leave the rear seat alone. Wouldn't head across country 2 up on her though.

The rear seat also works as a great base to bungy stuff onto.

Lots of folks here have gone to the single saddle. Depends upon what sort of driving you do.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 07/26/06 at 09:08:42

i double up with the wife our combined weight is close to 300# all i did was adjust the shocks(stock 06)to their
strongest no problems here..learned the hard way...the first double up for us the bottom shock bolt bottomed out on my chain guard!!just tore the idiot tag that ive yet to remove...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #3 - 07/26/06 at 14:24:01

geo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
You must be kidding. Most motorcycles handle terribly with 2 people on board. The Savage is extra terrible. Therefore why have passenger pegs and a seat? ...

Just in case.

When I was off-roading  with my uncle in the Arizona desert both our bikes had rear seats and pegs.  Why?  Because if a bike died the rider could abandon it and get a ride back to civilization with the other.

Likewise, you and the wife are riding your Savages and one of them dies.  You can park and and both hop on the other and ride to get help.

Of course, if you have no one riding with you that you care about, you can delete the rear seat and pegs.

WWW   IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #4 - 07/26/06 at 17:20:49

I took my wife around the neighborhood, once. I was squashed up against the tank, elbows out & ready to get home. The pillion seat is sized for an infant anyway so I cut it off & removed the rear pegs.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #5 - 07/26/06 at 17:46:15

I have taken my 8 year old as a passenger and it works fine.  I'm too new a rider to want to put anyone who weighs more than me on the back though.  

I say, if you like to 2 up - do it, if not you can remove the second seat and go solo.  I'd rather leave the back seat on, because it works for me.

DianeS

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/26/06 at 18:48:14

I don't ride anyone on my bike...and eventually plan to change the seat out...but if i wanted to ride with another person, i could and my bike would handle it just fine...

IP Logged
DaddySauce

Fried Squid is the
best!

Arizona
Reply #7 - 07/27/06 at 07:51:33

So glad I'm a smaller guy.  My chick is barely breaking 100lbs and we really don't have much trouble.  We've gone on some pretty long rides with a bit of butt-wear, but nothing too bad.  Even in my situation I wouldn't use it for long trips but it gets the job done.   Grin

Love my Savage!!

WWW   IP Logged
franch

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 07/29/06 at 19:38:40

For short hops i find the ls650 fine. any more than 45 minutes and it's good to let her off to stretch. we've gotten practiced at her shifting her weight and readjusting her fanny after bumps. with a good passenger there are pluses such as more stablility in wind, let alone she's warm, soft and curvey in all the right spots.

IP Logged
grey-head
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/30/06 at 13:41:51

most of the time i ride solo, but every now and then my wife and i go, our combined weight is around 300 lbs. don't seem to have any trouble with power, but the rear seat causes her to squirm a bit.
 except for the sloppyness of the frount fork i've been well pleased with my savage and the best part is it's almost paid for!!!
         -greyhead-

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 00:24:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Riding 2 up

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.