First Highway ride (Read 10 times)
upcountry
YaBB Newbies

By the Water
Upcountry BC

BC Canada
First Highway ride
07/22/06 at 08:07:00

Well now that the restrictions are off my licence did my first Highway ride......................wheeeeeeeeeeeee.
Now to deal with the numb bum Wink.
Lot of fun and the bike does very well at highway speeds, just alittle light when traffic passes but have to take it all in stride.

IP Logged
jotrac

NW Pennsylvania
Re: First Highway ride
Reply #1 - 07/22/06 at 09:36:09

I just passed my test a month ago and haven't had the courage to get on the Interstates yet.  I'm glad you had a good and safe time.

J

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #2 - 07/22/06 at 17:54:46

Now all you need is carb and muff mod then you'll be supprised what our beasts can do on passing Shocked

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #3 - 07/22/06 at 19:28:10

I really like the lite feeling that I geat on the interstates. Kinda like riding a 650cc iceskate.  Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 07/22/06 at 20:25:30

upcountry wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Lot of fun and the bike does very well at highway speeds, just alittle light when traffic passes but have to take it all in stride.

You got that a little backwards....  it is supposed to be "just a little light when passing traffic."

While not the ideal bike for touring on the superslabs, the Savage does hold it's own quite well.  While not the ideal bike for carving the twisty canyon roads, the Savage holds it's own there as well.  And there is not much that can match the Savage in the city.

Riding at highway speed is interesting.  It is not like in a cage where things just slip past faster.  There is wind and vibration and noise and nothing between you and all of the non-moving scenery about you.

WWW   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/22/06 at 23:12:47

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
While not the ideal bike for touring on the superslabs, the Savage does hold it's own quite well.  While not the ideal bike for carving the twisty canyon roads, the Savage holds it's own there as well.  And there is not much that can match the Savage in the city.

I've honestly not had any problems on the superslab with the Savage.  It even holds its own very well around semi trucks, IMHO.

The Savage is a darned versatile bike!

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 07/23/06 at 07:50:46

Everyone has their own level of expectation/tolerance.  I find the Savage to be quite civil on the Interstate, except for the wind, and then only when riding into a strong headwind (picture me crouched cafe-style behind my flyshield.)

When I was shopping for mine one dealer said they didn't carry the Savage 'cause too many returned them complaining of excess vibration.  Huh?  What do they expect from a bloody thumper?  When I got the Savage I was quite surprised at the lack of vibration -- they did a excelent job of counterbalancing.

WWW   IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #7 - 07/23/06 at 11:39:46

Everyone has their own level of expectation/tolerance.  I find the Savage to be quite civil on the Interstate, except for the wind, and then only when riding into a strong headwind (picture me crouched cafe-style behind my flyshield.)

When I was shopping for mine one dealer said they didn't carry the Savage 'cause too many returned them complaining of excess vibration.  Huh?  What do they expect from a bloody thumper?  When I got the Savage I was quite surprised at the lack of vibration -- they did a excelent job of counterbalancing.

Compared to my CB550 the savage is nearly vibration free.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Reply #8 - 07/23/06 at 11:43:22

Brewbrother wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Compared to my CB550 the savage is nearly vibration free.

I forgot bout my 69 sportster. Its the epitome of body shaking vibration.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/23/06 at 13:26:18

I have been very impressed with S40 on the interstate...several friends had me a little nervous about all the big trucks, but no problem experienced.  I was also prepared for a lot of vibration and have not had any problems there either.  I love my bike...

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #10 - 07/24/06 at 07:22:48

Everyone has their own level of expectation/tolerance.

well said! i ride an '84 HD and the savage seems a bit light to me, however,, it has very good manners! and i wouldn't hesitate to ride it anywhere

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:14:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First Highway ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.