Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jetkit (Read 4 times)
luken

Mesa, az
Jetkit
07/17/06 at 15:57:30

So Im looking into doing the jetkit think on my '02.  I noticed that I dont have a screw there, but a peice of metal with a whole in it.  In the .pdf it says that I have to drill this out to get the the screw.  Has anyone done this?  I have seen another 02 (Daddysauce) that didnt have that covering.  

what do you think?

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/3107.pdf

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Re: Jetkit
Reply #1 - 07/17/06 at 16:51:30

luken wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
So Im looking into doing the jetkit think on my '02.  I noticed that I dont have a screw there, but a peice of metal with a whole in it.  In the .pdf it says that I have to drill this out to get the the screw.  Has anyone done this?  I have seen another 02 (Daddysauce) that didnt have that covering.  

what do you think?

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/3107.pdf  

Yes you have to remove the cover on the mixture screw. Check the tech docs. I think there is a thread on how to do it. Its very simple, just use some caution. There are a few ways to do it, including using a self taping screw
or in my case two different sized drill bits. Just remeber its a thin cover and damaging the screw will suck.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 07/17/06 at 18:10:48

i did the dyno stage one on my o6..save your money and buy mikuini jets(check this site for size recomendations)
with the dyno kit the ONLY advantage for me was the
new neddle with adjustable clip.(no spacer filing)....you do get a certificate for a free dyno run but the closest one to me is four hours away and what would i do with it anyway??
i ended up using the largest main jet from the kit and finally ended up with an exhaust i like,k&n drop in filter,
irad plug...
bike goes in for fine tunig at the dealer this thursday they got the right meter(O2 ?) now so no more guessing on my part..
if  i had do do it all again id go the cheaper route and spend the money on something else ... Smiley jmo

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 07/17/06 at 19:36:19

It might be easier to just order a jet needle for a '86-88 model since it has 3 notches in it already, with the needle jet to match (they list for about $25 total for both), get a few main jets for $3 each, and one pilot jet one size larger for $3, take a couple of hours and redo your carb.  When ordering the needle be sure to order the clip that goes in the notches, it ususally comes seperately from the needle.  The jet kits cost $60-70 from most places and they do not have even have a pilot jet in the kit.
By the way, get a new bowl gasket too, just in case it is needed.  Mikuni.com has some great pages on carb tuning ... it is a Mikuni carb after all ... and all of that info is free.  Or if you just like to have the paper version in front of you, they can be purchased on ebay (Sudco/Mikuni Tuning Manual)

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 07/17/06 at 21:45:02

LANCER wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
It might be easier to just order a jet needle for a '86-88 model since it has 3 notches in it already

tried that from ronayers once - in came the needle without the groves - looked exactly like the other one - I did not check if the taper was different - if it was it could not be seen with just eyeballs and glasses

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 07/18/06 at 07:31:55

That must have been disappointing.  Surely Suzuki would be able to get the original needle and jet for the early carb.

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #6 - 07/18/06 at 11:44:17

luken, i dont remember what part of phx you are in, but apache motorcycles had the jets in stock! the pilot jet was $1.89 the main should be about $2.50

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Reply #7 - 07/18/06 at 13:31:12

awsome its worth the trip Im in mesa.

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:13:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jetkit

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.