Send Topic Print
2000 mile service ? (Read 6 times)
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
2000 mile service ?
07/17/06 at 07:00:27

When I had my 600 mile servicing at the dealership they said come back at 1200 and 2000 miles.  The 1200 was just an oil change.  I did that.  I can't figure out what they will do at 2000 miles.  I looked in the service manual and can't really find anything other than an oil change until 4000 miles.

Words of wisdom anyone?  Thanks.

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
http://bikepics.com/pictures/598442
bikingb   IP Logged
Al_ironman
Ex Member

Re: 2000 mile service ?
Reply #1 - 07/17/06 at 07:29:35

Dealers love $$$$$$$$$$$ or maybe they like having you around the store.
Really; unless you suspect a problem I would not listen to everything the dealer tells you. I see no reason why a bike should be in the shop every 6 or 800 miles?

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #2 - 07/17/06 at 08:04:26

not that dealers prey on women, they probably just want to make sure you're well taken care of. Wink

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/17/06 at 09:32:36

Some forums will tell you (I am too polite)"RTFM." If you follow the service recommendations of the manual, you will be just fine. That's why they were written.
Dealerships, car and otherwise, are in business to make money, and service is a huge profit center. Car dealers used to routinely give their customers long lists of service requirements, with tiny print indicating these were "dealer-recommended services." Carmakers play into this with statements like " your dealer may have additional service recommendations based on local conditions."

Perform the services listed in the manual, and you will be fine. Demonstrate ignorance of the subject matter to the dealership service "advisor," and you may go for a ride - and not on your bike."
cheers!  Grin Mac

IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #4 - 07/18/06 at 18:30:20

That sounds like a plan

Thanks all.

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
http://bikepics.com/pictures/598442
bikingb   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:20:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2000 mile service ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.