Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saddle Bag Supports (Read 8 times)
Rawhide
Ex Member

Saddle Bag Supports
07/12/06 at 07:41:48

I recently purchased a pair of Suzuki  S40 saddlebag supports  to install on an 01 Savage. The bolts came with it. The front bolt is too long and I think the back one is too short. Also it seems like the bolts heads will be too close to the tire when the fender goes down while riding. I tried to install them like pictures in the part books. Any help will be appreciated!  Thanks! Rawhide

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Re: Saddle Bag Supports
Reply #1 - 07/12/06 at 08:29:46

maybe you got the front and rear bolts reversed if front is too long and rear to short. mine is older so don't know how much I can help.as far as the bolts hitting no problem that I know of

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/12/06 at 08:40:55

I too think you have the front/rear bolts switched. I mounted a set on our '06 S40 and it was just fine.

IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/12/06 at 08:41:56

Oh wait I didn't notice you had an  '01. If it is different than  the S40, you might need a trip to the hardware store  Angry

IP Logged
Veritas
Ex Member

Re: Saddle Bag Supportsnd Sissy bar on my S40.
Reply #4 - 07/12/06 at 15:00:39

You will need a trip to the hardware store.  The fender rails on the Savage are narrower than those on the S40.  I found this out when I tried to mount Savage rails and sissy bar on my S40.  The supports will work.  You just need the right length bolts...

IP Logged
Rawhide
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/12/06 at 16:13:36

Thanks for the info.! I  need to visit my friends bolt bin. Just found this website yesterday and sure glad I did!!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:33:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saddle Bag Supports

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.