Send Topic Print
My First Drop(s) (Read 12 times)
Tammi

The Devil drives a
Buick.

In the spliff bunker
Re: My First Drop(s)
Reply #15 - 07/12/06 at 09:14:09

I'm currently blessed with good neighbors to my immediate north and south, but there are several clueless dog owners in my neighborhood who walk their dogs off-leash, in violation of the law.  Angry

As Island_Biker noted, it's not the dog's fault.

Let your neighbors know that you are serious, and that their dog is a hazard to your health, both mental and physical.

Give them a chance to change their behaviour, then call the authorities if they don't. Stand firm. Remind them that they had a chance to fly straight and that they blew it.

Good luck.

Cheers. Tammi

I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
-- Green Day
=========
When Jesus said “Love your enemies” ... I’m pretty sure he meant not to kill them.
  IP Logged
rokrover
2005 No Login

torkenstein

SoCal
Reply #16 - 07/12/06 at 14:27:38

My wife has dropped hers twice now at very slow speed trying to turn.  It took me a while to figure out why.  She learned to ride on a step-through scooter and when stopping would get off the seat to put her feet down.  So on her S40 she'd try to catch the drop by standing up, moving forward to the tank and wrestle the bars to hold it.  I taught her to stay seated back on the seat with leg out and forward like a kickstand.  That way you support the bike with inner thigh against the seat.  Much less effort than wrestling the bars and only a problem if your foot is in loose gravel or on a slick patch.  Oh yeah, now she has matching busted rear turn signals on both sides.  I'd just duct-tape 'em back up and good to go again!

IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 07/12/06 at 15:57:24

I was just thinking - this bike is perfect for gravel-road practice. Every time I'm on a gravel road (daily) I just want to flat-track the thing (steer with the throttle). I don't, since it's my wife's bike, but I sure want to.

Practice stopping on gravel by 1) making sure you are not turning; 2) stabbing the front brake to quickly lock it up, then release it. Just lock it up for a split second. You will not fall. Then play with the braking a bit, until you feel comfortable and have a good sense of your braking power in an emergency.
Grin

IP Logged
Tammi

The Devil drives a
Buick.

In the spliff bunker
Reply #18 - 07/13/06 at 07:38:23

rokrover wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
I'd just duct-tape 'em back up and good to go again!

If you have a black Savage/S40, use black electrician's tape like I did on my right rear signal stem and it blends in a lot better!  Smiley

Cheers. Tammi

I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
-- Green Day
=========
When Jesus said “Love your enemies” ... I’m pretty sure he meant not to kill them.
  IP Logged
Island_Biker
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 07/14/06 at 15:07:16

Duct/Electrical tape comes in most any colour now - I used red to match my paint.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:22:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › My First Drop(s)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.