Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Runs, but stalls with added throttle. (Read 15 times)
Borgschulze
Ex Member

Re: Runs, but stalls with added throttle.
Reply #30 - 07/06/06 at 20:52:48

Ok, I re-cleaned it, didn't do the three day thing...

Talked my mom into it, drove it around the block a few times Smiley

After it warms up, it runs much much better, it still has some adjustments to be made, but it runs good enough to be driving it everyday. Still got some of that backfire.

Today was the first time I have rode the bike, and I tell you that it's fun. The only other motorcycle I have driven is an 80cc Suzuki dirtbike Smiley

Tires need some air, heh... getting soft, and I cleaned up the bike, polished it, it's nice and shiny, minus the rust spots from sitting I guess Sad

As always, I shift down too quickly... so the back tire was squaking when I was coming to the stop signs Tongue

Thanks for the help guys, but I know, I will probably be back, or at least taking the carb off again and giving it a real cleaning... If it isn't broke, it's never been fixed!

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #31 - 07/07/06 at 08:09:42

good for you! it might clean itself up, as you ride it and run more fuel through it. i know you hear it alot, (we all were 17 once) be safe, and dont over ride your abilities, congratulations

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Borgschulze
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 07/07/06 at 21:03:38

Well first thing is, I'm going to be going to a safety training course for my M1 lisence, that should be easy, my mom tells me they give you a 125cc bike to ride.

Can't wait to ride!

Something I forgot to mention is, the dirtiest part of the carb, was the needle, it had a brownish flat coloured residue on it, I cleaned that off so it was the normal colour again, I think that it what helped it the most.

I also moved the spacer clip down on the needle (same effect as shaving the spacer), after those two modifications, the bike ran much better.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:17:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Runs, but stalls with added throttle.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.