Hooray!  It started! (Read 2 times)
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
Hooray!  It started!
06/26/06 at 17:37:18

I had stored my 05 S-40 in Maine for the winter, (About 9 months).  When I arrived from FL a few days ago, I went to start it up.  Choke out, fuel caulk on PRI, waited a few seconds for the bowl to fill and then hit the starter.  Two or three turns and then switch off.  Wait a minute and then hit the starter again. THUMP, THUMP, THUMP!  And away we go!   What a sweet sound!

Plans for summer - white disk reduction, 52.5 main jet, K&N filter, spark plug gate mod, progressive rear shocks, SuperTrapp muffler and perhaps a fork brace if I can figure how to remove the black plastic  pieces on the forks. Also will remove the rear fender side pieces and sissy bar to be replaced by stock. Also am considering a Russell Day Long custom saddle.  Have used these in the past on other bikes with good results.

Keep on thumping!

Jack H.

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
Brewbrother
Serious Thumper

Just lending a
helping hand.

Re: Hooray!  It started!
Reply #1 - 06/26/06 at 18:14:49

barb36jack31 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
I had stored my 05 S-40 in Maine for the winter, (About 9 months).  When I arrived from FL a few days ago, I went to start it up.  Choke out, fuel caulk on PRI, waited a few seconds for the bowl to fill and then hit the starter.  Two or three turns and then switch off.  Wait a minute and then hit the starter again. THUMP, THUMP, THUMP!  And away we go!   What a sweet sound!

Plans for summer - white disk reduction, 52.5 main jet, K&N filter, spark plug gate mod, progressive rear shocks, SuperTrapp muffler and perhaps a fork brace if I can figure how to remove the black plastic  pieces on the forks. Also will remove the rear fender side pieces and sissy bar to be replaced by stock. Also am considering a Russell Day Long custom saddle.  Have used these in the past on other bikes with good results.

Keep on thumping!

Jack H.

Glad your storage procedure was effective. Are you sure about that main jet size??

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
No spacer,60 pilot jet, 155 main jet, plug door, sportster muffler, k&n drop in, iridium plug, brake pedal mod,de-badged, Dunlops, bullet turn signals.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 06/26/06 at 18:55:59

It is so nice when something works they way it is supposed to.
Welcome back to the road.

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #3 - 06/26/06 at 19:37:56

I run a 157.5 main jet with my Supertrapp. I have a stock air filter. I wouldn't go any smaller than 157.5. You will be leaner than me due to your air filter. 157.5 should be about perfect.

152.5 is what folks use with Harley mufflers which are not as free flowing as the Supertrapp.

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #4 - 06/26/06 at 19:46:06

Since your bike sat so long, I'd drain the fuel bowl (easy), get a fresh tank of gas, and add 3 ounces of Sea Foam carb cleaner to the tank.

That's a long time for a bike to sit - your fuel has surely started to turn to varnish.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 13:20:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hooray!  It started!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.