Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new member (Read 1 times)
Al_ironman
Ex Member

06/26/06 at 08:58:59

Hi to everyone.
I used to own a Savage 650, but now have an 1100 V-Star Classic (04.) Many is the time I wish I still had my 03 black Savage; not that I'm not happy with my V-Star, but I hope someday to own yet another Savage/s40.
The Savage is a reliable, sturdy and fun bike to own. Simple in design, and simplicity is beauty.
Anyway, looking forward to being of help to all, and enjoying the topics.
NE Georgia,
Al

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: new member
Reply #1 - 06/26/06 at 09:53:13

Welcome.  Always good to have someone with experience on the Savage and other bikes that can give honest comparisons between the rides under various conditions.

I can imagine missing the Savage as you wheel in heavy downtown traffic.  On the other hand, I doubt that you miss it that much up on the superslab.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 06/26/06 at 11:24:32

Welcome to the site!  Experience is appreciated by most.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Al_ironman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/26/06 at 12:00:31

Thanks
I've been riding since the early 70s. Have owned or ridden just about every major brand. I still have the oppertunity to ride many different bikes because of the group I'm with.
Odly enough; the Suzukis are the least I get to ride anymore? But I do know a few who own the Savage or s 40. (it'll always be Savage to me!)
Right, the 1100 is a really smooth machine on the interstate; it rides really well. But over the last few years, we have taken my wifes v-star 650 custom on most of the trips and it has always performed perfectly.
I put quite a few miles on the Savage, and it always proved reliable.
There are a few things Suzuki could do to it to make it a more appealing bike though. (just my thoughts)
Put Cast wheels on the bike.
Put the sissy bar back on (if nothing more than to tie stuff onto.
bring back the pullbacks
by all means; put a better seat on it!
Just these few things would make it a much better bike and it could probably still be purchased for around 5gs.
All in all though; its a tough little spartan.
Al

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #4 - 06/26/06 at 14:20:05

Dude,

I've got a savage and a V* 1100.  Refused to trade in the LS when I bought the V*.  So glad.  Cheesy  but I can imagine your pain.   Sad

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/26/06 at 17:01:09

Welcome!  I know I can use all the experienced help I can lay my hands on!  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 09:22:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new member

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.