What helmet do you use? (Read 7 times)
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Re: What helmet do you use?
Reply #30 - 06/23/06 at 20:02:56

starmom wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
I said to her, I like my face, my jaw and my teeth just the way they are, thanks for the opinion but I will keep my head safe and keep my FF helmet and rode away!!!!

Oh, I'm personally not real fond of my face.  Too much scar tissue already (non motorcycle related), and 3 colors of hair scattered on my beard.  But I figure it's the only face I'm ever gonna get, so don't waste it, right?

Just realized I didn't answer part of the original question.  My modular cost me something like $90, my shorty around $30.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #31 - 06/24/06 at 07:54:33

we each have three, our full face street helmets are AFX FX-10, black to match our leathers, typically worn on longer rides and in the cooler weather. chosen because they had the best perrifial visibilty of any of the brands we tried, (none of the street helmets have the perrifial of a motocross style)  Sad, they're also vented (x3),  light weight, have replacement parts available (lenses etc), and fit comfortably, i dont know if they're noisier than others, i wear ear plugs on long rides anyway, about $70.00.
 our other street helmets are bell shorties, being painted to match the harley, we haven't seen them in a year  Undecided about $35.00.
 our motocross/atv helmets are fullface Maxon RamAir, we've had them about 20 years, they were about $35.00.
 otherwise, we excercise our right to chose, i dont need/want the gov'mnt protecting me from myself

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Lion

Budapest, Hungary
Reply #32 - 06/26/06 at 02:38:21

'96 LS400 (
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 05:27:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What helmet do you use?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.