Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What helmet do you use? (Read 7 times)
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Re: What helmet do you use?
Reply #15 - 06/21/06 at 19:44:20

I have an HJC CL-14 because it just happened to fit the shape of my head best when I tried them all on at the stealership. Felt a little snug at first, now it's perfect. I've heard good things about Scorpion helmets, which I'd like to try sometime.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Aviler

American Rebel
Dragon Pirate

McPherson, KS
Reply #16 - 06/21/06 at 19:47:11

http://www.agv.com/2006_AGV_RANGE/GTO/GTOBLACK.htm

AGV GT Open. A full face, but one where the whole chin can be released and lifted up, visor style. I had decided that I liked the helmets that had the full face release. Briefly had a little hole in the wall motorcycle accessories shop in town and got it there. Spent about $200 on it shortly after I got my motorcycle 2.5 years ago. Sat on shelves collecting dust until recently.

'96 maroon, 1.625
WWW   IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #17 - 06/22/06 at 05:34:15

Shoei RF-1000 - comfortable, fogs up when sitting still in cold weather, but maybe anything would, clears off once I start moving, good ventilation, DOT/SNELL.

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #18 - 06/22/06 at 05:47:26

Most of the time I use a Nolan X-Lite, X-1001 flip front, for longer runs I use an Akito DTC-03 full face.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #19 - 06/22/06 at 06:05:53

Full-face: Scorpion EXO-400
3/4 Helmet: HJC AC-3

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
DaddySauce

Fried Squid is the
best!

Arizona
Reply #20 - 06/22/06 at 07:53:09

I don't know if I could wear a full-face helmet again.  The half is great with goggles.  The feeling of flying with wind blowing all over the place is too great for me.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #21 - 06/22/06 at 08:32:18

Bright yellow Zeus modular helmet in cold weather, bad weather, or over 45mph.  No fancy paint work on it, just reflective tape that I have cut into shapes and designs.  I've had people assume that it was factory-done, so I assume I did a pretty decent job.

My other helmet is a cheap flat black half helmet that I picked up from Jafrum.  Use it for my daily low speed commute, along with a set of goggles I picked up off ebay.

I've been pretty happy with both of them, overall.  I've also had a couple cheap FF I bought for $50 each from JCWhitney, and a Biker's Choice skid lid that the finish was scuffed on because it wasn't properly packaged.  Took me about 15 minutes to find the scuff, and I figure if it takes me that long, no one else would notice it!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
Island_Biker
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 06/22/06 at 15:03:28

I wear a HJC open face - purchased mainly because I have a large (swelled) head and I found it fit the best.

I wear goggles (traded a used book and $10.00 with teh shop owner next door) and I love the wind blowing my beard around and the taste of bugs. The beard also helps collect 'em so i can have leftovers.

IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 06/23/06 at 13:03:58

Full-face AGV, got a deal on it. Arai fit like a glove, but I'm  not in that income bracket. Believe I read in Proficient Motorcycling that about 30% of the impacts were to the face area... my emphasis is on full-face. That and I used to have an  old Bell Star with big chunks missing from the chin section, and one side filed about 1/2 way through the fiberglass... from my (hopefully) last misadventure.

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #24 - 06/23/06 at 15:20:58

MacAttack wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
and I used to have an  old Bell Star with big chunks missing from the chin section, and one side filed about 1/2 way through the fiberglass... from my (hopefully) last misadventure.

Sounds like why I like the FF.  My dad pretty well destoyed a Bell Star back in the 70s.  Did one of those nice end-over-end-with-bike-aqnd-each-time-you-come around-you-smack-your-face-on-the-road jobs (pulled too far on a wheelie, as I understand).  Said he felt the face hit each time.  He's sworn by full face helmets ever since!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Reply #25 - 06/23/06 at 15:28:41

Savage Librarian wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Did one of those nice end-over-end-with-bike-aqnd-each-time-you-come around-you-smack-your-face-on-the-road jobs

Wow that made me laugh out loud, I was on the phone with a customer when I read it.  Not so funny when it happend I imagine.  I was at the bike store and I picked one of those up, my wife gave me "the look", I didnt even have to ask.

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 06/23/06 at 16:14:21

my husband just bought a black flip up full face helmet at the stealership, really looks nice and comfy...

he just had to have the black helmet to match the black sportster  LOL so funny!

I really like my scorpion 700 FF.

IP Logged
Veritas
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 06/23/06 at 17:06:20

Scorpion EXO-400.  Just started riding and it's my first helmet.  I can't see going to anything but a full face.  I have enough of a problem meeting girls without having a ground off nose!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 06/23/06 at 17:09:29

a ground off nose would be most unattractive!

My hubby and I were out today, this girl says to me , you should get rid of that helmet and get one like randys (he has a skullcap type)

I said to her, I like my face, my jaw and my teeth just the way they are, thanks for the opinion but I will keep my head safe and keep my FF helmet and rode away!!!!

IP Logged
Veritas
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 06/23/06 at 17:16:23

I was told my helmet was "too sporty for my bike."  I told him his mouth was too big for his body and I rode away...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 07:14:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What helmet do you use?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.