Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Fill up before needing reserve or not??? (Read 8 times)
Glenn_Gray
Ex Member

Re: Fill up before needing reserve or not???
Reply #30 - 06/24/06 at 15:41:19

I have run out of the main supply twice and both times I didnt mean to do it. Both times there was no warning, no sputter, it just quit. Today I was running in heavy traffic at 70 MPH  and I mean the cars were close enough to touch and it quit. I almost wet my pants. I am sure that I responded pretty quick but, it seemed like a lifetime before it started running again. My advice is to not let it run out of the main tank because it might cause you serious problems.

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Re: Fill up before needing reserve or not???
Reply #31 - 06/24/06 at 19:22:09

That's why I try to write down my mileage each time I fill up - so I can anticipate when I might need to switch to the reserve.  I'm assuming that if my bike gets around 4 litres to 100km, I should be able to go 200 kms, or so before needing the reserve.  (My round trip distance to work and back is @ 160 kms.)  

Yet, during the week  when I'm commuting back and forth to work, I always top up halfway home so I won't have to fuel up on the ride in.  

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 17:29:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fill up before needing reserve or not???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.