Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Replacement Key - Ignition and Fork Lock Keys (Read 1391 times)
Ben S40 Rider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Replacement Key - Ignition and Fork Lock Keys
Reply #15 - 05/12/17 at 19:39:57

I recently lost a set of keys to my 2014 S40.  The local lock smith duplicated the ignition key with no problem but did not have a blank for the fork lock key.  I thought I found the right blank for the folk lock key (Ilco SR61N) online but when it arrived it was not even close to a match to my key. Suzuki tells me they cannot supply a replacement fork lock key and I need to replace the lock if I want to have a spare key.  The dealer I bought the S40 from says I need part 51900-29F00 at a cost of $104 plus $89 labor to install.  Two questions  (1) Should I give up searching for a key blank  (2) If so, should I just buy the replacement lock (hopefully cheaper online as previous replies suggest) or could a locksmith replace just the cylinder in the existing lock.  

IP Logged
catfishunter99
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WI
Reply #16 - 05/13/17 at 13:10:21

Just had a set of keys made for my new bike.  Took the switch to the locksmith and 1hour and $38 later I had 2 working keys.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #17 - 04/04/18 at 13:59:40

I don't see it mentioned here... so:
The key blank for the fork lock is a Silca NE10, at least for a 2002.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 18:25:02

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Replacement Key - Ignition and Fork Lock Keys

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.