Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Replacement Key - Ignition and Fork Lock Keys (Read 1387 times)
DaddySauce

Fried Squid is the
best!

Arizona
Replacement Key - Ignition and Fork Lock Keys
06/20/06 at 15:42:49

Coincidentally I work for Hillman/Axxess!   8)  I am sorry to say that specifically there are no keys we sell that are made for the Savage.  

The keys you mention, 37 and 93 are EXTREMELY close though.  
The 93 will work fine with some grinding.  The millings are close enough.  
The 37, however, will have problems due to the angles in the millings.  Kinda hard to explain without showing, but this is a hit-or-miss problem depending on the age of the lock from wear-and-tear.  These keys are a little thicker as well.... SO BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T GET IT STUCK IN THE LOCK!

The reason you pull back on the key to get it to work is because the shoulders of the 2 keys have different offsets.

I believe the BEST way is from a Suzuki dealership, but we all know they will rape and pillage our pockets faster than you can spit out the make/model of your bike.  Although, if you have the same money issue as the rest of us, modifying Axxess keys could be a good start.   Tongue

« Last Edit: 12/03/12 at 05:38:48 by Oldfeller--FSO »  
WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Replacement Key - Ignition and Fork Lock Keys
Reply #1 - 09/21/06 at 05:16:40

Quote:
THE BLANK FOR THE STEERING LOCK IS  "BRINKS C530"
HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT.  HAPPY TRAILS..FROM     M M RANCH

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #2 - 12/30/06 at 16:08:42

I managed to get key blanks for the ignition, and the steering wheel lock from www.motorcyclekeys.com and they worked fine!!!  In fact, my steering wheel lock key had been broken off in the keyhole, and even with only half of it - a locksmith was able to create a  new functional key using the blanks I'd ordered. Grin

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
TVR_FSO
Serious Thumper

I'm Ya
Huckleberry....

Frisco, Texas
Reply #3 - 01/24/07 at 14:23:49

The ignition blank I have is an ILCO X118 -YH49. My brother, the locksmith sent me a few spares.

2004 Suzuki Volusia, modding in progress
WWW   IP Logged
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Reply #4 - 07/27/07 at 14:37:19

Only had 1 ignition and toolbox key when I got the bike. Ordered a key blank from www.motorcyclekeys.com When the blank arrived, I took it to Home Depot and they cut the blank for me against the original in their Axxess+ machine for free. Works great and have had no problems with the fit.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
SURAZAL

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ALBANY NY
Reply #5 - 07/10/08 at 19:49:40

I have a 2002 and a 1987 and was by taking the cykinder out able to get a key made at the local hardware store they used a ILCO VR91B VRS blank which is forf a padlock and for a cut key charged 2.00 each they were tight so with a little bench grinder wire brushing htey work as good as the original Neiman key .. the dealer wanted 33 for a new lock set and the local lock smith wanted 6 dollars a key it pays to be thining ...

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 07/11/08 at 06:12:43

Ilco does make the exact correct blank for the Suzuki Savage: X179 SUZ12.  My local locksmith has them in stock -- also available on line for a couple of bucks.

In a lot of cases we have to make something else fit because the "made for the Savage" part does not exist.  This is not the case with our key.  Why go with "we can make it fit!" when the exact fit is available?

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 11/03/12 at 09:56:07

blank for forklock key
Gyrobob wrote on 11/02/12 at 19:51:53:
Srinath said, "I see em on ebay ... but it is a funky weird key I should say."

I searched for Neiman key blank.  They have them for $9 with free shipping, so I guess the locksmith was not the one who is gouging me.

One entry on ebay says this blank is interchangeable with HD-666, BOERKEY 666K, SR61N, B69K, Silca NE5, and Ilco N2M.

Update: I found some for $3.50.   I bought four.  free shipping.

WWW   IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #8 - 11/04/12 at 01:47:53

now attempted to some villains steal a motorcycle...broke the ignition switch on it. now decided to share with you, guys, disassembly procedure of the ignition switch...so here's how it looks .
sad sight . nowhere to retreat...explain fully.
first, remove the contact part of the ignition switch so it looks without it..

remove the switch block...

...and the mechanism of the lock turning the key in the ignition..

...and it looks like the ignition switch without all...

you want to insert the key, and use a small screwdriver to push in the locking plate..that yellow a plate(the most recent)...

and so the ignition switch looks without the key..

actually 5 locking plates + 1 release + 6 springs

and for what did I do all this? Ah Yes...of course not for the fact that you immediately started to break your ignition locks.. Grin
in order to be able to pick up such as another key to the castle..Yes, even from the same lock fixing the helmet.
this can be achieved by permutations fixing plates or " piecing " their protrusions.the result should look like this.

thank you for your attention..I think that it is someone come in handy...

« Last Edit: 11/05/12 at 21:01:26 by wambr »  

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 06/22/13 at 14:19:12

BMW has the blanks for the steering lock.It is a Neiman GKS. Suzuki doesn't. If you haven't got a key you will have to buy a new lock and drill out the old one.
You can get the old lock out without drilling if you take the trees (with the shaft) out, but it's a lot less work to drill the old one out and replace it.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 09/24/13 at 08:32:20

thelowfreq wrote on 09/23/13 at 15:44:21:
Today, I took my '05 S40 on a longish ride for the first time (it ran beautifully).      
I stopped at a local TrueValue hardware store to get a key made since I was only given one when I got the bike.      
They found the right blank (ILCO X118 YH49) and copied my original key and it worked the first time!  
I hope every repair is this easy.  I ran it on the Freeway a bit but the back roads were a lot more fun.

WWW   IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #11 - 01/21/14 at 07:49:45

The key code for replacement keys is embossed on a one inch piece of black tape on the side of your ignition switch cylinder. Hold it up to the light correctly, it is hard to see.

IP Logged
nickythegreek

Reply #12 - 04/21/14 at 15:09:28

I recently got ignition key dupes made at a local locksmith for $4 each.  They used a blank yamaha key, ILCO YH51.  I googled it and found other sites also verifying that it will work.

WWW   IP Logged
ivanthescourge
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 01/08/16 at 12:33:52

Recently lost my key so I went searching the interweb. I found this motorcycle key blank reference. Thought I should share. I also found a website, http://mysecuritypro.com/, that lists other manufacturer's names for the same key.

Suzuki LS650, Savage, S40  Key Reference

Cylinder Code            Ilco/Silca Key Blank      Code Card

Model Year 1985+

C32010-C79897                X117 - YH48            98
D32010-D79897              X118 - YH49            98
E32010-E79897              YH50                    98
F32010-F79897              YH51                    98
BA11111-BA55555        N2M - SR61N            22
(steering lock)

LS650F 1982+

751-795                       HD57, SZ4AP-SI      86
101-499                       SZ4AP-SI

LS650 1995+
E32010-D39897                 YH50                  98
E52101-E78897                 YH51                  98
F32010-E39897                 YH30 BP-SI            98
F52101-F78987                 YH30 RBP-SI            98
E11111-E44444                                        98
F11111-F44444                                        98

IP Logged
T140V
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 03/10/17 at 04:22:17

I found a stock steering lock at bikebandit.com  for around $46.00 and it comes with a set of key's. Personally when I go to sell a vehicle I like to present the buyer with all the key's. I hate to see people with a look of disappointment on their face as I give up a good ride.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 10:29:04

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Replacement Key - Ignition and Fork Lock Keys

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.