Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Handlebar risers (Read 13 times)
savage777
Ex Member

Handlebar risers
06/15/06 at 12:26:36

I had a question... I used  2 19mm deep well sockets to make taller risers for the drag style bar I put on my 2001. The sockets are about 2.5 or 3" tall. I was wondering if anyone has used a riser along the lines of 6" or so without having to change the cables and wiring? Having done this 8 or 10 months ago I'm finding that it is NOT a very comfortable riding position. I don't want to put the stock bars back on, but I'm tired of leaning forward so much to reach the bars.

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Re: Handlebar risers
Reply #1 - 06/15/06 at 12:50:23

thats the beauty of drag bars Tongue i put stock style harley bars on debbys savage, which widened them a little and they come out at a flatter angle, WAY more comfortable than the either of the stock suzi bars, and more natural feeling. keep in mind the higher you raise those bars, the more leverage that will be applied to your risers, and mounts. i ride with beach bars and 4" risers, and constantly change the urethane riser mounts. good luck

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #2 - 06/15/06 at 17:53:37

Read this thread. Rob just put on some new risers that may just solve your problem.

WWW   IP Logged
savage777
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/21/06 at 17:44:14

Thanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com