Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
grips & other accessories for my baby (Read 2 times)
tallahasseeS40
Ex Member

grips & other accessories for my baby
06/13/06 at 20:21:16

i was looking at some new toys, and i was wondering if any of you have tried them and how they work. ive included some links from cruiser customizing.com so you know what im talking about.

1) iso grips (http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=103&Category_ID=10&manu...)

do they really dampen vibration as much as people say?  have you installed them on your savage?
what is our handlebar diameter anyway?

2) green light trigger (http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=103&Category_ID=5&manuf...)

do these really work?  are they a gimmick?

3) intercom system

has anybody used any intercom systems?  im looking for a cost effective helmet to helmet system for me and my passenger.  

4)  tach (http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=65&manufacturer_ID=1...)

do these work well? i know on this bike its a novelty

5)  anything else that i need?

IP Logged
Kropatchek
Serious Thumper

Why more than 1
cylinder?

Alphen a/d Rijn  Netherlands
Re: grips & other accessories for my baby
Reply #1 - 06/14/06 at 01:27:06

Has been done . Grin Grin
Search the forum and ALL your questions will be answered.
The handlebar dia. = 1"
Greetz
Kropatchek 8)

Never ask your bike to scream before her throat is warm.
'93 Sav in '96 ( yellow) looks
  IP Logged
GA_Wolf
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/14/06 at 11:38:56

I like the Baron's Tach too...only problem is on the 06's is that there is part of the riser that runs between uprights on the underside of the bar.  So the round 1" probably won't fit over it.  Anybody got any suggestions or tips on how they got around it?

IP Logged
grabber_blue
YaBB Newbies

Surrey, BC
Reply #3 - 06/14/06 at 19:30:32

GA_Wolf wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
I like the Baron's Tach too...only problem is on the 06's is that there is part of the riser that runs between uprights on the underside of the bar.  So the round 1" probably won't fit over it.  Anybody got any suggestions or tips on how they got around it?
'05's are in the same boat; I haven't gotten around it yet but will let you know when I do...

IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/15/06 at 12:05:41

I have had the grips before and they were one of the best things I ever bought for my late dearly departed Savage.  I think it took like 99% of the vibration out of my hands honest.

The green light trigger is a gimmick.  No magnet is going to trip a green light (or any electrical device).

The lights usually are detected by a large presence of metal, namely a car.  

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question234.htm

here is a link to show how they work.

Only thing I ever heard (which is absurd) is to lower ur bike on the ground a few inches from the road and it detect it.  Uh I aint dropping my bike for a signal.  Ill just run it next cycle hehe.  

Maybe if it was a 10 speed I would lower the front wheel to it but not a bike.

IP Logged
GA_Wolf
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/16/06 at 08:33:30

Was wondering if a larger bar diameter mount would grip around the bar and the brace under it..for the Baron's Tach.  Wonder if an 1 1/4 " or 1 1/2" mount will go around the whole settup....will try to remember to measure this evening.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 05:27:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › grips & other accessories for my baby

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.