Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
anyone with an s40 removal the tank decal (Read 13 times)
starmom
Ex Member

Re: anyone with an s40 removal the tank decal
Reply #15 - 06/13/06 at 18:33:20

That is why I remembered someone saying.......

Will look at it tommorow after work with hubby.

Thanks

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #16 - 06/13/06 at 20:41:23

I have saddlebags from Willie and Max, and the middle part (yoke??) can be tied shorter or longer, judging by the lace up holes.  I have my yoke going over the passenger seat, because I was worried about the rectifier as well.  

Anyway, my Suzuki saddlebag brackets are forward closer to the main seat - which is where the shop put them.  So, my saddlebags hang down and don't interfere with my rear turn signals at all.  In fact, the blackness of the bags, probably helps the lights stand out a bit - against that dark background. Grin

Now, I am using small bungee cords and ties to keep the saddlebags on my bike, but when I get a chance, I have purchased some screws, and metal straps that I will use to fasten the bags to the supports.  Whether at that point I will put the yoke underneath the passenger seat, I'm not sure.

Oh, your angel decal looks nice!!! Grin

DianeS

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 06/14/06 at 09:12:36

my saddlebags are also willie and max.

I have to def. adjust them, possibly later on today..

thanks for your comments and help!

Sue

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #18 - 06/14/06 at 17:59:33

Sue:  Hope it works out well for you.  

I am wondering if the S40 Suzuki saddlebag brackets attach to the front most screws on the side rails, whereas the 650LS brackets attach to the rearmost screws???  I could be wrong, but it seems to me that I've seen the brackets in either place.  Might be worth checking out to see if your brackets can be re-positioned onto the frontmost screws and bolts.

DianeS

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
DaddySauce

Fried Squid is the
best!

Arizona
Reply #19 - 06/15/06 at 09:53:14

I know I'm not much help without pictures but...

I have a pair of longer saddlebags with the yoke cut out for the rectifier.   To do this I had to remove the rear turn signals and built my own 17 LED blinker system onto my rear taillight.  During the daytime it's not the perfect solution but works great at night.  I am working on a new idea for the blinker system.   I'll post pics as soon as I can so it will make more sense, plus it look pretty cool.    Roll Eyes

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:26:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › anyone with an s40 removal the tank decal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.