Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
anyone with an s40 removal the tank decal (Read 13 times)
starmom
Ex Member

anyone with an s40 removal the tank decal
06/09/06 at 17:18:24

the one that says boulevard looks kinda like wings?

I used the hair dryer method and goo be gone for the residue on the rear fender and the s-40 ones on the side and the warning one on the tank but i just want to check that the bigger one will come off cleanly without leaving anything bad underneath.....

any experience out there?

thanks

IP Logged
Guido
Ex Member

Re: anyone with an s40 removal the tank decal
Reply #1 - 06/09/06 at 17:48:38

Seems like someone else asked about that recently. Don't remember where or the outcome though. Not much help, huh?

IP Logged
Guido
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/09/06 at 17:49:50

Maybe someone with a better memory than mine can find it. Wink

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/09/06 at 18:17:20

I threw it out to the will of the savage gods and hit it with the hair dryer and floss to loosen, and it came off just fine!

lots of thick gooey goo but i hit that with the hairdryer and carefully scraped it off and goo be gone for the rest!

looks great!

will do the other side after work tommorow......gotta sleep soon gettin up at 5am.

I did look it up it took three - four times with different search words to get something closer.

thanks..........

IP Logged
WKD
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/10/06 at 03:43:29

Hairdryer you say?  How does that work, you just heat up the decal and it will pull away?

I wish the guy who owned the bike before me had read this forum, he put some nice scratches in the side covers taking off the Savage stickers.

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/10/06 at 17:31:06

the hairdryer softens the adhesive under the decal and it pulls away.  with some effort mind you and then the adhesive that is left behind took some work with the goo be gone to completely remove.

i tried wd-40 first and then gently scraping, not so effective as the hairdryer.  the large boulevard symbol was the hardest to get off but its fine underneath.

I like to make people wonder when they see the bike...
"hey what is that?"  LOL

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #6 - 06/11/06 at 13:38:36

Glad you got the stickers off.  I think you will have others guessing about your bike!!!

I rather like the Savage stickers on my 2000 savage - so they are still there.  

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 06/11/06 at 14:41:47

what do they look like? the savage stickers?

Im having an amy brown fairy embroidered patch put on my leather and found the matching  high quality sticker  in my local new age shop so im thinkin of putting them on the tank and then alittle clear coat

have to see..........

I have always enjoyed keeping people guessing on a number of levels........

IP Logged
DianeS.

Love my 2000 savage!

Ontario, Canada.
Reply #8 - 06/11/06 at 18:21:08

My 2000 savage is British Metallic green, with a curved white decal on the gas tank, and then the word Savage is in letters (silver outlined in gold and black trim).   I rather like the white decal against the green paint, and I don't mind having the name Savage displayed either.  This is exactly how the bike came.  (I'll try to put a pic here of my bike)

I don't think other savages have the same curved decal as the green, or yellow 2000 models.  

Yet, I also think that if you are doing a nice custom paint job etc. and aren't crazy about displaying the brand name, etc. - removing the decal is fine.  Plus it sounds like you have an awesome decal to match your bike and tastes.

Green 2000 Savage purchased in Nov. 2005. Memphis fat windshield, Willie and Max Saddlebags, jardine slash cut muffler, engine case guard, Metzler 880 ME tires, fork brace, and carb re-jetted.
  IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/13/06 at 12:31:15

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/609335/

this is close up pic of the tank with the fairy

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/13/06 at 12:33:12

http://bikepics.com/pictures/609336/

this is a pic of the bike from further away

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/13/06 at 12:50:36

I keep feeling like the saddlebags are hanging too low, where do you get the kit to change the direction of the blinkers from going out from the side to straight back so i can raise the saddlebags...

curious?

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 06/13/06 at 13:29:45

From looking at your pictures, I'd pull the passenger seat back off and move your bags forward just enough to clear the turn signals.  If you want your bags higher, just adjust the yoke under the seat so the bags sit higher on the bike.  Sure would be easier than relocating the turn signals.  Smiley

IP Logged
starmom
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/13/06 at 17:36:27

there was something under the seat that we didnt want to cover with the yoke, something that gets hot i beleive...we can always cut the yoke a bit so it doesnt touch.

I asked because I thought i remembered someone saying that they did that.

thanks for your imput...........

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/13/06 at 18:24:59

starmom wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
there was something under the seat that we didnt want to cover with the yoke, something that gets hot i beleive...we can always cut the yoke a bit so it doesnt touch.

I asked because I thought i remembered someone saying that they did that.

thanks for your imput...........

That's the rectifier you're talking about.  I just notched my yoke so it would fit around it and put it all back together.  Works like a charm!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:24:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › anyone with an s40 removal the tank decal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.