Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Will this Sissy/Backrest fit my 2006 S40? (Read 6 times)
S40NewYork

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!

Will this Sissy/Backrest fit my 2006 S40?
06/07/06 at 11:58:12

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4647548143&from...

I want one taller than the OEM offering.  Also looking for saddlebags for it too.  The OEM stuff is too small.  I need to carry a laptop back and forth to work and it won't fit in the stock bags.

Any cross fitment reference points you folks can provide would be appreciated.  My immediate wish list should anyone have parts that will fit:

Sissy Bar / Back Rest
Luggage Rack
Saddle Bag Brackets
Saddle Bags
Windshield

Thanks everyone!

HANG UP AND DRIVE!!
  IP Logged
grabber_blue
YaBB Newbies

Surrey, BC
Re: Will this Sissy/Backrest fit my 2006 S40?
Reply #1 - 06/13/06 at 20:23:35

I believe in order for the Savage sissy bar/backrest to fit the S40, you need to change the fender rails as well.

As for saddlebags, my g/f has some rather large slanted ones (15 L x 6 W x 12 H) that she had the dealer install on her '05 S40 when she bought it.  The right side one was sitting on the OEM muffler and burned a hole but there's a good 1 to 1-1/12" clearance there now with the slash cut Screamin' Eagle muffler I put on for her.  The only other ones I could find specifically for the Savage other than the Suzuki clutch purse sized ones, are LeatherLyke's http://www.leatherlyke.com/srchbike.cfm?&DID=13&BikeNo=4341&Motorcycle=2004_S....  They're 18 quarts and measure a hefty 18"L x 8"W x 11"H and are lockable and come with a turn signal relocation kit.  There's also a helmet lock option. I called them and the sales person up front said no, the '04 Savage ones won't fit the '05 S40.  But I called back to ask why and spoke to a guy in the back who said, yeah, they'll fit, no problem.  I heard somewhere else that shorter bolts are necessary due to the S40's thinner fender rails?  I'm saving up for a set for her for Christmas.  Oh, and they sell the turn signal relocation kit by itself.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:22:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Will this Sissy/Backrest fit my 2006 S40?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.