Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Throttle and Choke not working right (Read 0 times)
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Throttle and Choke not working right
06/06/06 at 14:17:47

Ok, here I am at work, and as I've stated before...I'm a bit of a hack.  So I thought I would see if I can't take the opportunity to gain insight from the massive store of savage knowledge that you all collectively possess.

I hopped on Mr. Hyde this morning to find 2 things wrong:
1) The choke knob won't pull out.  Or push in.  It's immobile.

2) The throttle runs wide open, regardless of how I roll the grip.

Any ideas as to what's not right?  I didn't have a chance to check it out much before heading out to work this morning, so I don't have much more to put out there for troubleshooting than that, at the moment.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Throttle and Choke not working right
Reply #1 - 06/06/06 at 15:03:39

Dude, that sounds pretty severe.

Do one of two things...completely rebuild it or replace it.

IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #2 - 06/06/06 at 15:27:44

About a week ago I replaced the main jet and sanded the spacer down a bit more.  It was running better than ever before.  It sat idle this last week, as the weather kept me from riding it (no fenders in wet?), and today....yeah.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #3 - 06/06/06 at 17:42:12

Well, I got around to looking at it.  What seems to be the trouble is that the ricker on the carb isn't, well, rocking.  It very, very slowly pulls back to it's starting position.  So any ideas as to what I need to be looking for when I pop it all back open?

azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #4 - 06/07/06 at 06:57:42

i assume "ricker" is a typo for "rocker", and i assume your refering to the butterfly operated by the throttle cable, it sounds like your carb is gumming up, a can of aerosol carb cleaner will probably fix it. i had the TEV gum up on debby's bike last week. i dont know if its inherent to the carb or the fuel we're getting. as gas evaperates it leaves behind the additives and alcohol residue, which later turns into gunk.

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:25:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Throttle and Choke not working right

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.