NGK iridium plug (Read 14 times)
barb36jack31
2005 No Login

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Heathrow, FL
NGK iridium plug
06/06/06 at 06:26:19

Just had an interesting experience.  Call all Suzuki and Honda dealerships in the greater Orlando, FL area looking for a NGK Iridium spark plug for my S40. NO ONE stocks them in this area of more than a million people.  I asked the parts people what happened when their service dept needed a part, and they said they would order it at that time.  The practice, it appears, is that they stock almost no parts at all, but rather order them as the need arises.

I found the same thing when asking about saddle bags and mounts for the S40.  Also the oil filter.  Has anyone else encountered this same lack of parts at the dealership?

Jack H.

05 S40 , air needle adjustment, white spacer, 152.5 main jet, K&N filter, SuperTrapp muffler, Progressive shocks , sissy bar off
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: NGK iridium plug
Reply #1 - 06/06/06 at 07:16:35

Yep.  That's why I just order it online and have it delivered to me.  Why pay more and have to go pick it up?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #2 - 06/06/06 at 08:01:06

The Denso IX24B (iridium) would work but they probably don't stock that either.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #3 - 06/06/06 at 08:43:14

Hardly any industry stocks parts anymore. 18 wheelers on the highways are the new warehouses. When General Motors builds a car where do you think they get the parts from? It's called on time shipment.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 06/06/06 at 09:09:11

When I order parts, especially the small ones, I try to get several at a time in order to have them on hand and save on shipping.  Even a tiny item like a plug or jet can cost $8 or more in just shipping costs.  I find it fairly common that there is a minimum shipping charge.
When ordering iridium plugs, they come in boxes of 4.
They cost $5 and list for $8 each...so $20 & $32 per box of 4.

IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/06/06 at 10:13:55

I do the same thing. I ask why I should buy anything from the local stealership if they didn't stock service parts. Usually I get a shrug, occasionally a nod of agreement.
For example: "we don't stock any jets or carb. parts except for bikes with known jetting issues (XRF250R).
I did once get an oil filter, though. I was shocked.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #6 - 06/06/06 at 11:10:54

It is one place where I have to give the local HD guys props.  When I needed Mikuni jets, I could walk up to the HD parts counter and ask for Mikuni jets and the guy went into the back and came out with plastic bins full of various sizes.  He didn't have every size I wanted but he had most... $3 each.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:16:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › NGK iridium plug

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.