Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Divecop's Seat
06/05/06 at 05:51:17

Hey Divecop,

That's an interesting looking seat you've got on your bike.  While I'm happy with mine, there are always others looking to better theirs and I thought I'd ask what type it is and what mods were necessary.

Divecop's bike...

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
necropsy
2005 No Login

Suzuki '05 S40

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Re: Divecop's Seat
Reply #1 - 06/05/06 at 13:28:26

Looks like a stock S40 seat to me. No mods needed.

Music calms the SAVAGE beast
  IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/05/06 at 13:41:03

Kinda what I was thinking too...

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 06/05/06 at 14:01:53

It's not the S40 classic gel seat, not enough saddle shape to it.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 06/05/06 at 14:35:03

Rob:  Like the others have said, it is just the standard seat...no gel, no pillow...just what came on the bike...i really like it a lot...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #5 - 06/05/06 at 14:56:59

Hmm, okay.  I guess I was just used to seeing either the Savage seats or the gel seats.  Thanks.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 06/05/06 at 15:06:38

Another reason I opted to stay with the Standard seat is that the gel or the pillow lower the seat another inch and I am 5'6" tall and have more than enuf legs to deal with so I did not want to be another inch lower...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 06/05/06 at 15:09:28

I think the pillowtop version actually raises you a bit.  That's what I have.  It definitely raised me compared to the stock Savage seat.

divecop
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06/05/06 at 15:12:41

Just going by what the dealer told me and even on the Suzuki website, it says lowers seat height by 1"...will check out the pillow seat one day...thanx

IP Logged
necropsy
2005 No Login

Suzuki '05 S40

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reply #9 - 06/05/06 at 15:21:48

Pillow raises, gel lowers.
I love my stock S40 seat. I've done some good day long rides and never had this "Monkey Butt" everyone complains about. Maybe it's my 5"4" frame, maybe it's the new seat. Any other S40 riders feel it too uncomfortable that they had to change it?

Music calms the SAVAGE beast
  IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/05/06 at 16:08:36

So glad you like the stock seat also...i have really enjoyed mine, but then we are stopping every 100 miles for gas, bathroom, food, or something...so I have never experienced the monkey butt either... 8)

IP Logged
Guido
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/05/06 at 16:25:48

I don't really like my seat, 05 S40. I'm 5'8'' and 175lbs. I find myself against or on the hump most of the time and it's pretty uncomfortable there on longer rides. Butt gets kinda numb, then have to re adjust. Been thinking of getting a Suzi gel or pillow top. My question is, is it worth the expense??
By the way, the first service will be done on the 7th!!! Here come the MODS!!!! SE, jets, spacer, K&N !!!

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #12 - 06/05/06 at 16:31:25

I like my pillowtop gel seat.  I think it isolates a lot of the vibration I felt with my stock 98 Savage seat.  However, if I were to only choose one thing to improve ride comfort, it'd be upgraded shocks.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:16:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Divecop's Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.