thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
dialing in..
05/31/06 at 14:40:27

history: 06 w/ drilled out sporster muff, dyno jet stage one,k&n drop in, snorkel out,2.5 out on air/fuel mix screw...
today on way to work(west slope colorado elev 4500'
mol ambient 50f)loadin up saddle bags had her idling to"warm up her throat b4 u make her scream" got a couple of blocks at a stop lite she dies had to choke and reserv fuel to get er to start(hated in traffic!!)..
rode a few more blocks back to gas  on and choke off ran the 10 or so miles 45 > 55 zones no prob..
havent used the chock for weeks to start and im sure she was warm.. too hot to touch the head pipe...went to lunch no prob..came home no prop(ambient 75f)...
is there a fuel filter in the pet c0ck ??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: dialing in..
Reply #1 - 05/31/06 at 17:53:17

sort of - it's a screen oval about 2 inches long with the pri pickup near the top and the res at the bottom

IP Logged
HotCarl
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/01/06 at 23:53:40

what do you think about the sound of the drilled out muff. I have a dyna I am thinking about drilling. Does it affect performance (at least that you can tell) and does it sound louder and deeper? I have a completly hollow sportster muff that sounds great but is way too loud. Looking for something with a similar tone, but without the volume.

IP Logged
azjay
Serious Thumper

aridzona...        
            its a
dry heat

Reply #3 - 06/04/06 at 06:50:37

thumperclone,
did you resolve your fuel issue?

dyna muff,1/2 spacer,152.5,55,drilled air box,idle mix,spark plug door,harley bars & seat,spitfire windshield,turn signal,dunlops,man.pethingy,ISO pegs,engine cage,hiway pegs,support 81
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 06/04/06 at 13:19:18

just a gremlin i guess(need to ring the gremlin bell) havent a a miss since that morning..
50f mornings 95f afternoons very very low humidity makes er run different at different times..
my current muff is a 90s model sportster(h.d. 4 sure)
with the slot type mount not the tab..bought a drill bit extension and have two 11/32 holes drilled in the disk
think im done .. loud enough when shes spurred, quiet
enough @ idle and cruising speed @ half throttle... 8)

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #5 - 06/06/06 at 05:46:50

I too have a Sportster muff I have to fit, and I too would like to drill the baffle.
I thought a 1/2" (12-13mm) would do the trick, now I see you have two 11/32" holes...
How did you get to do the holes, tap in an extension or what?

How did you rejet? My carb is still stock.

Thanks

Maurizio

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 06/06/06 at 11:24:17

drill bit extension from the hdwre store they come in different lengths female end has two allen screws to hold your bit..... holes are off center..have a hd muff with 5/8 or 3/4 hole way too much for me..

i bought the dyno kit... its much more cost effective to do the spacer mod and rejet with mikuini jets..
no back fire on shut down some good pops on hard deceleration... can controll with longer roll ups to the stop..
id start with a 1/4 hole first.. ride er and listen  you can always go bigger.... hard to get the muff to fit in the oven if you want to cook a JB weld plug in too big a hole....plus it would be a pita to get the jb that far inwithout smearing it all over the walls of the core... 8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:16:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › dialing in..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.