Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
carb (Read 1 times)
Dragon King

IL
carb
05/27/06 at 07:50:19

I know it is here somewhere but I searched and searched and can not find out what the two adjustment screws are on the lancer amal mark carb. so if someone would help out and let me know what adjustment is for what. ???

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: carb
Reply #1 - 05/27/06 at 08:12:17

The horizontal screw is the idle adjustment.
The angled screw is the pilot jet adjustment. (In rich, out lean)

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #2 - 05/28/06 at 05:53:30

ok thanks. went out for a short ride. as I go through the gears it bogs down then when I get up to about 60 to 65 mph it bogs down goes up bogs down. this is the needle jet needing adjustmest right. right now it is in the middle I believe that I read somewhere that someone with an 87 had set on the lowest setting. now is the lowest setting toward the point that is down in carb or the end toward the black cap? ???

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 05/28/06 at 09:23:38

More likely it is the main jet is too large for your engine the way it is.  Go down on the main jet and test again.

Michael

Dragon King wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
ok thanks. went out for a short ride. as I go through the gears it bogs down then when I get up to about 60 to 65 mph it bogs down goes up bogs down. this is the needle jet needing adjustmest right. right now it is in the middle I believe that I read somewhere that someone with an 87 had set on the lowest setting. now is the lowest setting toward the point that is down in carb or the end toward the black cap? ???

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #4 - 05/28/06 at 11:20:00

any idea what I should try or what size is in there?
also was woundering I have the factory air filter hooked up instead of the lancer sent. could it not be getting enough air? where should I get a smaller jet?
thanks lancer your a big help

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 05/28/06 at 20:34:24

The factory air filter will definitely restrict air flow, I would advise using the aftermarket filter... it will help a good bit with more power and aid in your jetting job.  The main jet needed will depend on the engine, carb, filter, exhaust, and ??.  Go down one size at a time until the bike runs strong at full throttle without bogging down.  Stop at that point on the main jet.  
Then check the midrange ... which notch on the needle does it run best in the 1/4 to 3/4 throttle range.
Then the pilot jet setting that makes the highest rpm @ idle...should be between 1 & 2 turns out...less than 1 turn out and it needs a larger pilot jet...more than 2 turns out and you need a smaller one.
When tuning a carb, it is all about "throttle position", 1/4 or 1/2 or 3/4 or full throttle, not mph or rpm (except pilot jet).

For just getting a few jets to tune with you will do better getting them locally, it will save you shipping costs.   If you are unsure of the jet size just pull them out and look...it is printed on the main and pilot jets.  Sometimes a magnifyer is helpful.

This is a good place to review some tuning stuff.

http://www.mikuni.com/fs-tuning_guide.html

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #6 - 05/30/06 at 15:24:48

is there anything out there that would give me detailed instructions and pictures on how to take the carb apart and get the main jet out. did not find it on the above site

IP Logged
wicks
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Milwaukee
Reply #7 - 05/30/06 at 16:53:39

If I adjust the pilot screw to make the fuel run more rich, will that help alleviate some of my back firing?  Also, just how bad is "back fire" for my bike and what are some of the consequences?  Any ideas?

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #8 - 06/01/06 at 08:38:58

Hey lancer thanks. so yesterday I got the carb off and looked at the main jet it is a 300. so I live in a small town that does not have much but we have a suzuki stealership. they did some work a couple years ago for me. so went to talk with the mechanic about if they could get me some main jets. When he see the carb was an amal he couldn't beleive it. said he usual has jet in stock but were out. said that he would order some. we kept talkin and well I just don't feel conformatable doing this. he said he could have everything tuned in about 2 hours at the most. he did good work before it is just the price per hour the stealership charges. but I'am going to take the bike to him.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 06/01/06 at 09:34:33

Sounds like a good deal to me.

I am considering taking my bike to a shop with a dyno to what a PERFECTLY JETTED/TUNED carb will run like... seeing how close or how far off I am.   I would not mind paying the $50-100 for that service.

Dragon King wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Hey lancer thanks. so yesterday I got the carb off and looked at the main jet it is a 300. so I live in a small town that does not have much but we have a suzuki stealership. they did some work a couple years ago for me. so went to talk with the mechanic about if they could get me some main jets. When he see the carb was an amal he couldn't beleive it. said he usual has jet in stock but were out. said that he would order some. we kept talkin and well I just don't feel conformatable doing this. he said he could have everything tuned in about 2 hours at the most. he did good work before it is just the price per hour the stealership charges. but I'am going to take the bike to him.

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #10 - 06/01/06 at 11:31:42

they don,t have a dyno at this shop but the mechanic said he could tune it be sound really well

IP Logged
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Reply #11 - 06/02/06 at 12:36:38

Hey Lancer

Nice one with the dyno, go for it.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Reply #12 - 06/02/06 at 14:14:16

I don't know if this is a highjack job (of the thread) but here goes.  on my carb I have gone from a 310 jet where it was very very rich (fuel came out of the bowl vent) I have gone down to a 270 jet.  problem is, the problem still exsists. bogs down at 3/4 throttle.  (no fuel from vent line anymore thu Smiley)  does seem to be getting better but the question is how far down in jets does a person go?  just keep going and going like the pink bunny dude or what?  at $6.00 a pop this gets to be pretty expensive :'(.  idle and midrange seem fine.

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #13 - 06/02/06 at 14:50:28

my main jet is a 300 and the mechanic at the stealership that is going to work on it got a range of 240 to 290 for the replacement and then just charge me for the one he uses.

IP Logged
Keith_B
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/02/06 at 15:08:58

You said fuel came out of the bowl vent tube.

fuel coming out of the bowl vent is not a jet thing, it is someting to do with the float valve!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:25:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.