Send Topic Print
carb (Read 1 times)
HawkEye1967
2005 No Login

L. T. R..R. T. L
 Ridding for the Son

Re: carb
Reply #15 - 06/02/06 at 15:28:13

I thought so too! maybe when I changed the first Jet the Float reset! (just a guess)  at 270 it is getting better but I think I need to go down 2 more to 250 but I just hate buying and buying all for 1 that works. buy 6 use 1 is frustrateing (kinda like my spelling) Grin

IP Logged
Keith_B
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 06/02/06 at 16:19:06

I know what you mean Smiley, when starting a jetting job sometimes it's best to buy the one you think will be the largest or smallest one consitering which way you need to go and work to the middle!

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #17 - 06/03/06 at 05:11:58

ok so you do it yourself and bye 6 jets at $6 a jet that is (wait let me think) like $36 I know your still frustrated at spending this but I will most likely spend twice that to have someone at a shop do it for me,since I'am just not to sure about doing it myself.

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 06/03/06 at 11:24:07

I was able to get enough time between the thunderstorms and other jobs to get the carb back on my bike.  This time around I went right on down to a #230, left the needle clip in the middle groove, and it worked out very good.  So when you take your bike to the shop have the mech start with the #230 jet.
I also did a mod change to the slide and pilot jet which made an amazing difference in the low-mid range response.  I will be posting some details of that shortly.

IP Logged
Dragon King

IL
Reply #19 - 06/12/06 at 15:13:27

I'am having trouble finding jets for my Amal Mark II does anyone have any ideas were I can get some ???

I refuse to tiptoe through life...
Only to arrive safely at Death.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #20 - 06/12/06 at 17:27:27

www.britishonly.com

You can also find them occasionally on the Dennis Kirk ebay site, dk-trader.ciom

Dragon King wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
I'am having trouble finding jets for my Amal Mark II does anyone have any ideas were I can get some ???

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 10:23:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.