Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I Guess These Count as Mods (Read 9 times)
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

I Guess These Count as Mods
05/25/06 at 10:10:58

Speedo cable broke:

Header wrap looks good:

And my garage... cleaned:

&

Red bike = my room mate's 1997 Honda VFR 750.  It's a V-4.  Pretty nice bike. Very controllable, but it's got the power when you want it.  The other black and red one is my other room mate's Aprillia RS 50.  Single cylinder 2-stroke.  He's got it bored out to 65 cc.  More like a behive than a thumper.  It's quick for him since he weighs about 120 lbs.  Lotsa engine mods.  Has to rebuild it every coupel of thousand miles.  Oh, and the black one in the middle is my sissy bike, uh, V* 1100.

IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Re: I Guess These Count as Mods
Reply #1 - 05/25/06 at 12:21:51

Love that cherry-bomb muffler! A question: how high do you bounce when you go over bumps with that hardtail setup? Cheesy

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 05/25/06 at 12:32:55

uh, going up my favorite hill as fast as it will take me, and hitting this one good bump, I got launched 3/4 of the way up and back out of the seat.  One nasty pothole that I found the day after I hardtailed it launched me half way up the gas tank.

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #3 - 05/25/06 at 19:34:03

I love the speedo, 50, 60, 69, 80, 90. Grin

With a garage, why must the thumper sleep outside? :'(

He/She kinda looks like my dog chained to the tree, laying in the rain. So pitifull. You should let it come in and be part of the family. Just be sure to check it for fleas. Wink

WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #4 - 05/25/06 at 20:30:44

dang that still makes my back hurt just looking at it - must be wonderful to be young, made of rubber, and still bounce well Smiley

IP Logged
ten_ji
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/25/06 at 21:25:50

Nice lookin chop job, the only thing I would have to do, if my back could take a hard tail, is put a little bit of padding on that seat.  Diamand plate can't be that comfortable.

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #6 - 05/26/06 at 09:52:33

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
dang that still makes my back hurt just looking at it - must be wonderful to be young, made of rubber, and still bounce well Smiley

I agree!  I figure I better ride a hardtail while I can...  Stock shock mounts are still there, so I can thrwo on some progressives later in life...  

Can't really feel the diamonds... practically steer the bike w/ my butt, though...

Savage is a rat, so it lives outside.  Looks cool chained to the tree... doesn't play to nicely w/ the other bikes, either...  My room mate'c chick was walking by the bike one day, going to the garage.  Room mate says to her, "Don't get to close... It bites!"

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 03:32:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I Guess These Count as Mods

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.