Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fuel filter (Read 6 times)
650-rider

Fuel filter
05/25/06 at 07:10:46

Hello everyone.  I have been searching through the archives for information about fuel filters, but I can't see exactly what size to get. Does anyone know the size of the tubing between the gas tank and carburetor?  I guess the fuel filter is based on the inside diameter.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: Fuel filter
Reply #1 - 05/25/06 at 07:33:49

I got mine from Dennis Kirk, it is a small filter but I can't recall right now what size I got.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #2 - 05/25/06 at 07:55:18

I cut a small piece off my fuel line and took it in to get some spare line and got the filter while I was at it.  You can also pick up the same filters at Home Depot in the lawn mower supplies section.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #3 - 05/25/06 at 09:02:34

I noticed that without the filter, I'd find a little sediment in the bottom of the float bowl, looked like fine-grained sand & with the filter it's not there anymore. I got one of these two, can't remember which:http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CAT...

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/25/06 at 09:17:59

Any little cone-shaped small filter will do. You'll find a little arrow molded into the case indicating the direction of fuel flow.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/25/06 at 19:41:59

I bought a Chrome in-line filter on E-bay. The hose is 1/4". I replaced the black fuel line with a red one. I have pictures on bikepics.com. (Use the link in my signature line)

IP Logged
SeattleSavage
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/25/06 at 20:22:34

pgolden,

You keep a clean machine, looks great.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home