Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MODS JetKit Install Help (Read 6 times)
phatmike11
Ex Member

MODS JetKit Install Help
05/22/06 at 19:24:57

I have done a little searching but I wanted to get what I am looking for in one place so I am going to post a new thread.

1.) A couple of weeks ago I saw some pictures of an example of how to install a dynojet kit.  Could someone oblige me with the link to that post or post pictures for me... suggestions... etc...
2.) I am going to put a new exhaust on when I rejet the bike with a hard krome muffler.  I have read that its a good Idea to put a new airfilter (intake) on the bike to help balance it out along with the new jet, pipe, and drilling out the fuel mixture plug and adjusting it.  Any suggestions on this and or what air filter to put on?  I saw pictures of one that looked cool on this post http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=RubberSideDown;action=display;n...
3.) My front break is squeeling like hell. I have washed the disk and sprayed a non-corrosive break parts cleaner to no avail to get it to stop making noise.  Any suggestions here?
4.) If I am doing all of the above is it worth filing down my spacer to 1/2" from 2/3" as well?  
5.) Anything that I have missed?

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: MODS
Reply #1 - 05/22/06 at 19:40:01

Take the brake pads off and inspect them.  It could be that they just need roughed up and some brake grease put on the back sides of the pads, or they could need replacing.

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #2 - 05/22/06 at 19:57:51

phatmike11 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
4.) If I am doing all of the above is it worth filing down my spacer to 1/2" from 2/3" as well?

If you buy a Dynojet kit you don't want to file down the spacer. Just put the stock spacer in with the special Dynojet needle. It has grooves on it so it can be adjusted richer or leaner. Just go with what Dynojet recommends to start.

IP Logged
Roadie

No, it's not a
Harley.

Lansing MI
Reply #3 - 05/23/06 at 03:29:58

911radioman wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Take the brake pads off and inspect them.  It could be that they just need roughed up and some brake grease put on the back sides of the pads, or they could need replacing.

This is an excellent idea.  My squeeks where bad pads.  Inboard was pretty close to toast on my bike.  New EBC's did the trick....

It you need pads, I suggest you buy them and a Mighty Vac. (Yes I learned the hard way...)

- Roadie

IP Logged
phatmike11
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/23/06 at 06:26:15

1.)I only have 3000 miles on my bike so if the pads are bad that really sucks.  

2.)Thanks for the recomendation on not filing down the spacer.

3.) Any suggestions on the air filter?

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/23/06 at 06:30:25

phatmike11 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
1.)I only have 3000 miles on my bike so if the pads are bad that really sucks.  

2.)Thanks for the recomendation on not filing down the spacer.

3.) Any suggestions on the air filter?

Actually, 3,000 miles isn't uncommon to begin to think about replacing OEM pads.  Suzuki puts really crappy pads on their bikes.  I replaced mine with SBS pads and really like them.  

I use the K&N drop in filter on my bike.  Didn't want my filter exposed to the elements like the pod would be.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 05/23/06 at 08:37:43

i put the k&n drop in filter in my 06 and the snorkel remove also, saw a picture of an older savage with the snorkel still in they were smaller than the new ones..dont think remove flows more air(on the 06)at some point volume isnt as big a factor as volicity....
insall the dyono jet per instuctions(mine works fine)id replace your carb screws with allen heads( ss if you can find them)it took me a few rides to get the neddle clipped to where it ran the best and the stock carb screws a garbage...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Re: MODS-Brake squeak
Reply #7 - 05/23/06 at 09:58:55

My understanding of brake squeak is that it is the pad vibrating. There used to be a Permatex product, Disc Brake Quiet, that I will go look for (wife hates that squeal, and I want to see the pads). I'd hesitate to put just any grease on the back of the pads.  I'd worry that the high heat generated in stopping would melt the grease, and some would find its way onto the disc, and hence the pad. Just my .02 on it.

IP Logged
MacAttack
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/23/06 at 10:00:20

Oh yeah - Anyone have the PN for K&N's drop-in filter? I live on gravel and it would help! I don't want to go the wide-open  route since it rains lots here too.
Thanks! Grin

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 05/23/06 at 12:02:22

SU-6595 is on the k&n box for the drop in i have in my 06

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: MODS-Brake squeak
Reply #10 - 05/23/06 at 12:56:01

MacAttack wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
My understanding of brake squeak is that it is the pad vibrating. There used to be a Permatex product, Disc Brake Quiet, that I will go look for (wife hates that squeal, and I want to see the pads). I'd hesitate to put just any grease on the back of the pads.  I'd worry that the high heat generated in stopping would melt the grease, and some would find its way onto the disc, and hence the pad. Just my .02 on it.

Nobody told him to put just any grease on it.  I specified brake grease.

IP Logged
phatmike11
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 05/24/06 at 06:33:10

Any suggestions on where to buy the SU-6595 filter at?  It's $55 from the link on k&n's site.  I am going to try the local autoparts store this afternoon.

IP Logged
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Reply #12 - 05/24/06 at 18:15:00

You can get it way cheaper than that. I don't remember where I got mine, but it was $30 something bucks online. A K&N Google search should bring up some venders to shop around.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/24/06 at 19:24:26

Performanceinternational.com  has the best price and free shipping.

IP Logged
phatmike11
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/03/06 at 13:44:16

I am trying to install my dynojet kit but I can't figure out where i start out at.  Well, I know where the carb is hehe.  But what do you take apart to install the kit?  Do I need to bull the bottom piece out that has 4 screws in it?  will i need to remove the whole carb?  If there is a post or someone can post some info hopefully with pics that would be awesome.  Thanks (the dynojet kit instructions suck)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:28:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › MODS JetKit Install Help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.