Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Re: MODS
Reply #15 - 06/03/06 at 17:43:18

phatmike11 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
I am trying to install my dynojet kit but I can't figure out where i start out at.  Well, I know where the carb is hehe.  But what do you take apart to install the kit?

Mike, it's the same as all the home brewed carb mods we're all doing. Check the technical documents area here for details.

No need to pull the carb. Take off your gas tank...loosen up the carb clamps fore and aft...and twist your carb in it's mounts to gain access to the top and bottom.

The needle goes in from the top and the jet goes in from the bottom. Pull the bottom (the float bowl - 4 screws). Make sure you pull the bowl staight off or you'll bend/damage the floats. They're very fragile and must not be disturbed. The rest should be pretty self evident. There are lots of pics and instructions in the technical documents area.

Be careful with the rubber CV diaphram you find in the top. It's very expensive to replace.

IP Logged
phatmike11
Ex Member

Re: MODS JetKit Install Help
Reply #16 - 06/04/06 at 18:29:52

Got everything installed and man this that *!$@er loud!!!  Everything is great except I am still getting a little bit of a backfire when downshifting.  Any suggestions?  I see that the I might need to do something to the carb sync and micture screw.  I followed the instructions and got hte mixture screw all way down and then backed out 1.5 turns.   Any suggestions?  I have not messed with the carb sync nor do I know what it is.  Other than that I noticed that its blowing a little bit of black smoke....  I assume that means its running to rich?  Any suggestions would be great.

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #17 - 06/05/06 at 06:03:17

If you're smoking when the throttle is between 1/8th and 3/4, lower the needle (raise the clip) 1 notch to make it leaner.

For your backfiring, turn out your mixture screw 1/2 or 1 turn more and see if that helps. Mine's out past 2 turns if I recall correctly.

No carb sync. That is only for bikes with multiple carbs.

Too loud...that would be your choice of mufflers. You may be able to change the baffle.

IP Logged
phatmike11
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 06/07/06 at 13:52:57

The to loud does not really bother me I know that it is my choice of muffler.  I noticed that the more I turn out the mixture screw (counter-clockwise) the more smoke that I am getting.  If i turn it to much the engine stalls.  If I turn it all the way in and out half a turn I don't get smoke....?  I put the needle on the fourth notch from the top of the needle.  Therfore it is on the third notch from the bottom.  Do you think it will help to move the needle to a different notch against dyno's suggestions?

IP Logged
grabber_blue
YaBB Newbies

Surrey, BC
Reply #19 - 06/13/06 at 19:29:16

If you've got backfiring (normally too lean) and black smoke (too rich), you may have an exhaust leak letting air into the exhaust and causing the backfiring even though it may be running rich.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:19:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › MODS JetKit Install Help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.