Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
just put the crash bars on (Read 48 times)
starmom
Ex Member

Re: just put the crash bars on
Reply #15 - 05/29/06 at 17:11:06

looks sweet!

IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #16 - 05/29/06 at 17:32:26

Thanks.  If I did it over again, I might get the swiveling kind that extend out a bit from the bike.  But, they cost a lot more.

I'm trying to get my pic on my profile without success so far.  But here is the whole bike.  Just have to add the link.  Can't figure out how to insert it with the tag thing

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/598383

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
http://bikepics.com/pictures/598442
bikingb   IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 05/30/06 at 00:11:56

Great looking bike...where do you order the wingerlines...i would like to check those out before installing the ones you have...thank you

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #18 - 05/30/06 at 05:48:57

divecop wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Great looking bike...where do you order the wingerlines...i would like to check those out before installing the ones you have...thank you

WINGERLINE HIGHWAYBARS - LS650 SAVAGE

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
GA_Wolf
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 05/30/06 at 06:10:45

Rob,
Do you have a pic of the wingerlines on your bike?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 05/30/06 at 06:26:11

GA_Wolf wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Rob,
Do you have a pic of the wingerlines on your bike?

Most of the pics of my bike on the site have them on since they were one of the first mods/additions I made.  This one is fairly recent.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
GA_Wolf
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 05/30/06 at 06:35:14

Those look sharp...better than the pic they have for the site selling them.  Look much better ON the bike.  Thanks.

IP Logged
divecop
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 05/30/06 at 11:58:05

Rob:  Thanx for the Wingerline purchase site.  Now tell me about your exhaust and the seat...great pic of your bike...better than most ads...thanx for your help...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #23 - 05/30/06 at 12:01:34

You're quite welcome.  The exhaust is the MAC painted black and the seat is the pillow style S40 gel seat.

LeeRider
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 05/30/06 at 20:38:01

I am sure someone has noticed this before, but JC Whitney is selling a highway bar they claim is for the Savage. It's made by MC Enterprises.  However, MC Enterprises website does not seem to show one designed for the Savage.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Prod...

Has anyone tried this highway/crash bar?

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #25 - 05/30/06 at 21:05:21

LeeRider wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
I am sure someone has noticed this before, but JC Whitney is selling a highway bar they claim is for the Savage.

Looks like a typo. Everything in the ad (including the pictures) says Honda Rebel.

IP Logged
LeeRider
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 05/30/06 at 21:20:19

Good Catch!  Don't know how I missed that.  Tongue    On my browser, it says SAVAGE everywhere on that page except on the bottom line to the left of the price, by the item description itself.  Funny, though, when I did a parts search by bike, it comes up this way.  Perhaps it's simply mis-linked at  JCW.  At the top of the page, the header says:

Motorcycle Shop >   2000 Suzuki - Motorcycle Savage >   Highway Bars >   CHROME PLATED FULL-SIZE ENGINE GUARD 1-1/4

I wonder if there is a small chance it fits the Savage?  I have ridden a Rebel and it's very close in size, but obviously I have no idea how different the frame spacing and mounting might be.  Anyhow, I emailed MC Enterprises earlier to enquire.  I will post their reply.

IP Logged
LeeRider
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 05/31/06 at 12:18:11

I just spoke with MC Enterprises.  They do not make anything for the Savage.   They are actually calling to JC Whitney to straighten out the mistake.

IP Logged
LS650RJM
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Reply #28 - 07/08/06 at 08:19:21

Looks great, where did you get the crash bar and windshield?

IP Logged
bmc_
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 07/08/06 at 19:01:03

Not sure if you've tried this or not, but on the suzuki bars with pegs, trying putting your legs on top of the pegs instead of using the pegs as foot pegs.  My pegs get a bit uncomfortable after a bit under my legs, but the stretch is really nice.  Using those suzuki bar pegs as foot pegs is really uncomfortable and not of much use.  For some odd reason I didn't think about putting my legs instead of my feet on them until I saw someone else do it.  I had given up on their functionality and left them on for looks until I saw the guy do the leg thing.  Now I use it quite frequently like that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 12:31:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › just put the crash bars on

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.