Send Topic Print
Inoperable carb. vaccum (Read 4 times)
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Inoperable carb. vaccum
05/16/06 at 18:07:05

I have a question about my bike not having any vacuum from the carburator to activate the diaphram in the fuel valve on the pet thingy. Basically my 96 savage will not operate in the ON position because I have no vacuum from the carb to activate the diaphram which in turn regulates fuel into the carb. It runs fine in the prime position, but that releases a constant supply of fuel into the carb, Any suggestions on how to get the vacuum from the carb. Also when I blow in the vacuum hose it blows right out the other side. The hose seems fine.

Any input is appreciated

Thank you
jon chicago

IP Logged
stock87
Ex Member

Re: Inoperable carb. vaccum
Reply #1 - 05/16/06 at 18:15:35

I would take the Petcock apart and clean it and also replace the hose and use new clamps.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 05/16/06 at 19:50:07

Jonny_Chicago wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
I have a question about my bike not having any vacuum from the carburator to activate the diaphram in the fuel valve on the pet thingy. Basically my 96 savage will not operate in the ON position because I have no vacuum from the carb to activate the diaphram which in turn regulates fuel into the carb. It runs fine in the prime position, but that releases a constant supply of fuel into the carb, Any suggestions on how to get the vacuum from the carb. Also when I blow in the vacuum hose it blows right out the other side. The hose seems fine.

Any input is appreciated

Thank you
jon chicago

if you start the bike on PRI run the engine up a bit on rpms - your saying you do not have any vac on the hose?

IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #3 - 05/16/06 at 22:42:49

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!  The drain tube was hooked up to the petcock, rather the the vaccum tube. Apparently the idiot i bought it from hooked the tubes up wrong. I got a diagram of the correct connections and connected it correctly. Now it works fine. The simpliest answers are usually the right ones. Now I can sleep!

Thank you everyone again for there time and effort on this one. I will have many more challenging questions to go!

jon chicago Grin

IP Logged
Lion

Budapest, Hungary
Reply #4 - 05/17/06 at 00:39:55

Will you post that connection diagram here please. Others may need it too. I am planning to clean up the carb and do the rejetting and the white spacer mod so it is possible I will need it  Grin

'96 LS400 (
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #5 - 05/17/06 at 05:04:30

Lion wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
Will you post that connection diagram here please. Others may need it too. I am planning to clean up the carb and do the rejetting and the white spacer mod so it is possible I will need it  Grin

this post in the tech section has some fine pictures and layout of the connectors

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869...

IP Logged
Lion

Budapest, Hungary
Reply #6 - 05/17/06 at 06:31:14

I thought Jonny has some other cool pics  Wink

'96 LS400 (
  IP Logged
Jonny_Chicago
Serious Thumper

Nazis, f**k off!

Chicago, IL
Reply #7 - 05/17/06 at 21:56:26

No, i actual used the link reelthing posted.  Sorry i didnt respond quicker. Busy riding! Grin It rides great now since that hose was put back in its proper place.  

thanks again

jon chicago

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #8 - 01/01/07 at 19:19:50

Jonny_Chicago wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
It runs fine in the prime position, but that releases a constant supply of fuel into the carb

I know this is an old post, but I'd like to clear up what appears to me a common misperception.

Once the engine is runnng, the PRI position and the ON position of the petc0ck supply the same, steady stream of fuel to the needle valve assy.  However, when the engine is shut off, the fuel delivery to the needle valve assy will stop if the lever is in ON.  Fuel will still be trying to flow if the lever is in PRI.  If the lever is in PRI, the only thing stopping the fuel from flooding the carb is the needle valve.

I hope this clears things up a bit for folks doing a search on this topic.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #9 - 01/02/07 at 14:20:34

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
this post in the tech section has some fine pictures and layout of the connectors

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1098869...

That's the thread/post I used to referance when I rejetted my carb.

With this site, you almost don't need a manual.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 10:20:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Inoperable carb. vaccum

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.