Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Windshield Installed (Read 9 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Re: New Windshield Installed
Reply #15 - 07/15/06 at 22:45:30

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
It's not on the bike now.  I'm using the flyscreen for a while and gonna swap back and forth to see if I really have a use for the flyscreen or want to sell it.  My original thought was that the flyscreen might reduce the wind fatigue and bug-spatter while allowing more breeze during the summer but I'm not sure it really works out that well for me.  I figured I'd take the next month or two and see what I think while using each for a few weeks at a time.  I've also been experimenting a bit with the positioning of the flyscreen while I'm at it.  No verdict yet.  Next time I swap it out, I'll let you know which slots I use.

So what's the result of your experiment?  Have you decided if the Flyscreen is worth it's keep or are you back to the full shield?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: New Windshield Installed
Reply #16 - 07/17/06 at 11:37:54

911radioman wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
So what's the result of your experiment?  Have you decided if the Flyscreen is worth it's keep or are you back to the full shield?

Just removed the flyscreen yesterday and plan to ride a few weeks with nothing, then back to full shield.  I'll let you know.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:19:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Windshield Installed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.