Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for bolt pictures (Read 1 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Looking for bolt pictures
05/03/06 at 16:13:09

Those of you who have refitted your saddlebag supports with lower profile bolts in order to accommodate the larger rear tire...  does anybody happen to have a picture of the type of bolt you used?  

Also, where did you find your bolts at?  I'm banking on either Home Depot or Lowe's having what I'm looking for, but I also know that stainless steel allen heads for the carb were nowhere to be found around these parts...

I've got my rear wheel pulled to replace the tire tomorrow and I'm going to refit the bolts as well while I'm at it.  I'm not going with the larger tire this time around, but I want to go ahead and get that done so when I replace the set I'll be ready to go.

IP Logged
Max_Morley
Serious Thumper

LT650 Luxury Touring
& sidecar rig

Moses Lake. WA
Re: Looking for bolt pictures
Reply #1 - 05/03/06 at 17:00:49

Look in the yellow pages for a speciality fasteners business. They will have them. I used one called button head with a hex (allen type drive). I also found a flathead metric fastener and chamerfered the bracket hole so it fit flush when I was running soft bags w/supports. I used the button head for the brackets for the hard bags. Same place will have the lttle meteric allens although I believe Home Depot or Lowes has those.

Max at Thumper Acres. '96 Savage bagger, '03 Savage w/Cozy sidecar for wifeni.
  IP Logged
Steve530
2005 No Login

Knoxville, TN
Reply #2 - 05/03/06 at 20:38:18

Tom,

I couldn't find metric buttonhead bolts at Lowe's or Home Depot. But I did find some at a bolt store.

I have an extra. PM me if you need it.

Steve

'97 Black / 1/2 white spacer
155 main jet / 55 pilot jet / Dyna muffler
snorkel removed / K&N drop in / seat raised
Slipstreamer SS30 windshield
  IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #3 - 05/03/06 at 22:22:23

1986 mounted 90 tire on LS 650, rubed left bolts,removed 3mm(120 in.) from bolt heads with grinder, problem solved. now that was 20 years ago. diesel.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:20:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Looking for bolt pictures

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.