Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
seat recover cost (Read 0 times)
pgolden
Ex Member

seat recover cost
05/02/06 at 07:43:29

I bought the front and rear seat from Lancer. I am going to have an inch and a half of padding added and a diamond tuck pattern on top. What do ya'll think that will cost? If anyone knows of a shop that can do this please let me know. Thanks.

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Re: seat recover cost
Reply #1 - 05/02/06 at 08:48:21

I would check with the car and furniture upholstery firms in your area. Also boat shops. I have had great luck using a local furniture guy to redo boat seats and S-I-L had them make a new seat for his Ironhorse. Get bids and ask to see their work.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #2 - 05/02/06 at 11:25:34

I've heard good things about this place:

http://www.ricksupholstery.net/

I've never used them or asked about their pricing.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 05/02/06 at 13:35:06

I have a couple of their used seats at work right now. Nice work, but you pay through the nose for it.
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pops
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/02/06 at 19:03:57

Well this may not be the right place to add this so sry.I just cut down a 2005 Yamaha FZ1 seat cut the front seat away from the back seat and reshaped the the front. Its alot wider and softer on the long rides I will get some pics up one of these days.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/09/06 at 07:29:45

I went to a upholstery shop yesterday morning, The guy told me about $150.00 to add an inch and a half of padding to the drivers seat, recover it, the pillion and backrest pad with vinyl. I told him I had the sensation of sliding forward and he said he would fix that also. He wants to see the bike before he does the job. He showed me some of his work, and he does top-notch work.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/18/06 at 12:57:37

I took the seat to a different shop today. They are adding 1" of padding to the drivers seat, 1/2" to the passenger seat, and taking 1" of padding out of the sissy bar pad. The price is going to be $125.00. I will have it back sometime next week and I will put pictures on bikepics.

IP Logged
bikingb
2005 No Login

Love to Ride!

Appleton, WI
Reply #7 - 05/18/06 at 13:31:29

Try this guy.  Cost depends on how fancy you go.

www.alligatorbob.com

Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of that which you really love..... Rumi
http://bikepics.com/pictures/598442
bikingb   IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/29/06 at 13:41:49

The guy from the upholstery shop left a message on my cell, he wants me to come look at the padding he added before he covers it. I will be there in the morning as soon as he opens. This project is getting longer and longer.

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/02/06 at 13:17:56

I went to pick up my seat today. The workmanship was horrible. I told him if I had wanted a job like that I would have done it myself. He admitted it was not perfect. I left it at the shop and told him to try again.

IP Logged
Keith_B
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/02/06 at 14:07:33

I just got my seats for my 06 nomad back from Rick Mayer Cycle, he builds custom seats for bikers, for folks that ride IronButt rallys, you know 1,000 miles a day for 10 days at a time  :'( ,the seats are great,he has built seats for my other bikes in the past and the ride is unreal!

IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 06/09/06 at 12:34:11

I picked up my new seat today. The shop did a lot better job the second try. I added 1.5" padding to the drivers seat, .5" to the rear seat and took out .75" from the sissy bar pad. It cost $136.25 with tax. I have posted pictures on bikepics.com. I do not have the sensation of sliding forward anymore, and the extra height and padding is great.

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #12 - 06/11/06 at 20:18:09

Let us know the field test results.
I've done everything I can think of to the seat. I'm still not happy. ???

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
pgolden
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 06/12/06 at 15:36:06

I took a little trip with the new seat. I think the extra padding will really help SBS. I never go on long trips, but those of you that do I would recommend this mod.
I feel like I have a little more leg room now also.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 04:14:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › seat recover cost

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.