Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
no good deed goes unpunished (Read 9 times)
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
no good deed goes unpunished
04/29/06 at 21:46:33

saw a 1 ton duely dodge lose its rr hub cap as it was makin a left turn..coasted up to the cap that stopped next to a car in the right lane and picked it up. shoved it tween my legs got in the left lane and waited for traffic to clear, cautght up to the duelly and got em pulled over
gave the hub cab and said good day.when   got home noticed all the scratches at the bottom of my tank where it meets the seat.....CARPOLA!!!!just turned 2k on the od ... bikes only 8 weeks old....had the foresight to buy touch up pen from color rite ,its close enuff and besides went trout fishin earlier this morn and limited out(4) in 20 mins...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Re: no good deed goes unpunished
Reply #1 - 04/29/06 at 22:11:28

thumperclone wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
saw a 1 ton duely dodge lose its rr hub cap as it was makin a left turn..coasted up to the cap that stopped next to a car in the right lane and picked it up. shoved it tween my legs got in the left lane and waited for traffic to clear, cautght up to the duelly and got em pulled over
gave the hub cab and said good day.when   got home noticed all the scratches at the bottom of my tank where it meets the seat.....CARPOLA!!!!just turned 2k on the od ... bikes only 8 weeks old....had the foresight to buy touch up pen from color rite ,its close enuff and besides went trout fishin earlier this morn and limited out(4) in 20 mins...

ain't it the truth.  with out details, all can say is never  never  stop to pick up an injured feline.  bad  bad   bad.  

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #2 - 04/30/06 at 07:26:06

sluggo wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
ain't it the truth.  with out details, all can say is never  never  stop to pick up an injured feline.  bad  bad   bad.  

Actually, I would kind of like to hear about those details...sounds like a good story to me...??   Grin

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #3 - 04/30/06 at 16:33:56

Sluggo- we gottta get you repaired and riding soon- how does rr hub cap transmorph into feline- although the image of a wounded cat scratching at that precise local does give rise to painful visions, a real voice altering experience.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 04/30/06 at 17:17:49

the feline comment was another reason one wpuld stop to do a good deed. with bad results in my experience. well actually others, cause i'm still around to talk about it.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 05/01/06 at 18:20:45

specially some two legged felines... Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #6 - 05/01/06 at 20:10:18

You can do what's right, and maybe take a few lumps.  Or you can try to ignore a person in need.  Frankly, I would not care to live in a world where no one lends a helping hand.

I help people out of pure self-interest.  I take a couple of minutes to save someone else a couple of hours.  That person feels good.  He takes a few minutes of his gained hours and helps a couple of people.  They feel good.  They each take a few minutes of their saved hours and each help more people.  The concept of helping others spreads.

Someday, when I am up a creek without a paddle, someone will stop and hand me a paddle.  Because that is the world I helped create.

WWW   IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/01/06 at 21:15:13

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
You can do what's right, and maybe take a few lumps.  Or you can try to ignore a person in need.  Frankly, I would not care to live in a world where no one lends a helping hand.

I help people out of pure self-interest.  I take a couple of minutes to save someone else a couple of hours.  That person feels good.  He takes a few minutes of his gained hours and helps a couple of people.  They feel good.  They each take a few minutes of their saved hours and each help more people.  The concept of helping others spreads.

Someday, when I am up a creek without a paddle, someone will stop and hand me a paddle.  Because that is the world I helped create.

This world is definitely missing a lot of that very attitude.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 05/02/06 at 07:33:55

While I'm not real sure about the whole pay it forward thing, I believe in Karma.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 05/03/06 at 14:40:18

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:05:
While I'm not real sure about the whole pay it forward thing, I believe in Karma.

me too!! id do it again cause id want somebody to do it for me.....

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #10 - 05/03/06 at 16:00:16

It doesn't take too much to help it out a little.  Saturday driving in my car, large cardboard boxes in road. I stopped and picked them all up, brought them to the local landfill. I could just see a group of motorcycles comming up on that crap..no one else stopped to help, but quite a few actually gave a thumbs up sign as they zoomed by. (Maybe the thumbs up were because they missed me Cheesy).

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 05:27:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › no good deed goes unpunished

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.