Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
i need some advice after layin it down. (Read 6 times)
Flugondus
Ex Member

i need some advice after layin it down.
04/25/06 at 06:34:21

So i had my two little falls with my S40. Nothing too bad happened after the first one.
but the second one it baicall just fell on its side with me on it.
it feels different now. when the throttle cable starts pulling there is this little metalic noise that comes with the engine. and it doesnt do it when it idles id say it comes from the exhaust about where the right boot would be.
I was wondering what would be recommended to do and what the general check up after layin it down should be.
also it feels like the fall throw something else off. it feels like there is more vibration going in to the frame than before.
please help

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: i need some advice after layin it down.
Reply #1 - 04/25/06 at 08:07:50

The savage has a semi famous speedometer rattle.  You may have hastened its coming.  It tends to come with RPM, so that's my first guess.  Try holding your thumd down on the rim of the speedo, or whole palm, and give it gas and see if that kills the noise.

IP Logged
Bobster
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/25/06 at 14:52:56

i just had my pipe cut and rewelded. I saw several pipes inside. He didnt tac weld the inners before welding the pipe back on. Actually, he added the 6" extension w/ 8 degree bend. Anyway, now it rattles like hell when the revs are up. Im so annoyed with it. I punched the gas in the back yard and spun out then grabbed the brake and it slid out from under me and went down. But it didnt hurt anything.

IP Logged
Flugondus
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/26/06 at 19:40:09

Thats sounds like what mine got. its this rattle. Any idea if that could make the thing vibrate differnetly how does yours feel

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 21:59:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › i need some advice after layin it down.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.