Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tried to change break pads (Read 4 times)
mariah

Tried to change break pads
04/19/06 at 06:13:55

I tryed to search this topic so I wouldnt be a pain but couldnt find any answers heres the skinny... I am a new owner/rider of a 98 savage. I needed new front pads so I ordered and got ones that dont look like what is on my bike, I ordered again same kind of pad came. The Pads on my bike are square with one bolt going through the ones I am getting supposedly for my bike are oblong with a bolt hole on each side. Not sure what the deal is???? has my caliper or break been modified or is the company I am ordering from (JCw) retarded? the breaks are so bad I cant ride it to the SZ store and I am afraid to detach the breakline from the caliper. Any ideas

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Re: Tried to change break pads
Reply #1 - 04/19/06 at 06:38:44

Square ones with a single hole in the top for the retain pin describes the proper pad - what brand are the new incorrect ones?

some pictures here

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1099514582

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Tried to change break pads
Reply #2 - 04/19/06 at 09:00:07

Yup, square with a single pin hole ... not hard to replace ... did mine for the first time on Saturday past and had no trouble (and I'm no "wrench" lemme tell ya) ... took about 15-20 mins altogether ...
Good luck!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:29:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tried to change break pads

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.