Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blacking out a bike (Read 11 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Blacking out a bike
04/05/06 at 22:24:51

I know this pic isn't of a Savage, but it is one sweet looking ride.  I'd love to black out the Savage similar to this.  The guy that owns this bike said it was around $260 to ceramic coat the headers, mufflers, etc.  Don't know about the engine parts he blacked out though, gotta do some more reading on that one...

http://pashnit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56429&postcount=8

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Re: Blacking out a bike
Reply #1 - 04/06/06 at 09:42:32

What, this isn't  black enought for you?   Cheesy

Engine & header are High temp BBQ paint.  

Actually,  I want to get it a deeper flat black, like the exhaust gasses that settle on my rear brake.

IP Logged
SAMM
Serious Thumper

No lay down crotch
rocket for me

Portland Oregon
Reply #2 - 04/06/06 at 10:18:40

Vroom ...  Do I see a rear shock back on your ride ??   Grin
    hehehehe

My Bike My Mistress ( so my wife calls her )
  IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #3 - 04/06/06 at 10:56:47

yeah SAMM, That's an older picture...  

now it looks more like this:

But the, uh, "shocks" are black and red, not faux chrome.

Actually, the struts and metal seat aren't that bad as long as you see the pothole and stand up a little.  God help me if I have to pee even a little, though.  Every once in a while I don't see a good pothole.  Really jacks up my ribs, not so much my spine or but, though.

IP Logged
russ_g
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/06/06 at 17:45:17

You should put some spikes (like old golf cleets) on the seat.  THEN I'd have some respect for you  Grin Roll Eyes Wink

IP Logged
savage455
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/06/06 at 18:56:36

why would you do that to a bike? a metal seat and no shocks, thats like one of those unrideable customs i see at the rallies... some are nice to look at but who wants to look at a bike? i want my bike as rideable as possible!!! if you need a seat gimme an email i might be able to hook you up... as for the harley pic up top it looks like one of those plastic covered victory or star bikes... from a pic they look good, but up close you see alot of plastic, coo much that you don't want to be seen riding one, because what biker rides a bike with plastic on it? nesides a crotch rocket and those aren't worth mentioning bikers

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/06/06 at 18:59:41

This isn't "plastic" per se.  The pipes are ceramic coated, and the rest of the black is powder coated according to the owner.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/06/06 at 19:01:06

savage455 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
because what biker rides a bike with plastic on it? nesides a crotch rocket and those aren't worth mentioning bikers

Hate to disappoint ya dude, but bikes are full of plastic these days, no matter what your flavor is.

IP Logged
Roadie

No, it's not a
Harley.

Lansing MI
Reply #8 - 04/07/06 at 03:19:47

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
yeah SAMM, That's an older picture...  

now it looks more like this:

http://bikepics.com/pics/pics/suzuki-savage-97-bikepics-524432.jpg

But the, uh, "shocks" are black and red, not faux chrome.

Actually, the struts and metal seat aren't that bad as long as you see the pothole and stand up a little.  God help me if I have to pee even a little, though.  Every once in a while I don't see a good pothole.  Really jacks up my ribs, not so much my spine or but, though.

Magic of photo shop......

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #9 - 04/07/06 at 08:34:08

That's funny.

Why would I do that to my bike?  Well, for one thing, I've got a fancy one

that I can ride If I want to be comfortable... oh, and there's not much plastic on my "star" bike: the 2 piece neck cover, the left side battery cover, tranny cover, engine head covers.  For some stuff, plastic is great because it weighs nothing.

I ride my Bloody Marry (what my pal dubbed it) every day (when it runs).  Yeah, mostly it's an around towner, but it is very rideable and comfortable... as long as you don't have to pee and see the potholes.  The steering geometery is stock, but the handlebars are pretty long.  You can really whip this bike around.  It's under 300 lbs.  The metal seat is actually more comfortable than the stock seat.  I couldn't do 40 miles on the stocker without having to get off.  I can ride that sucker 100 miles with no tears.  Look at the shape... I don't sit on my tailbone.  I still have my front brakes (for now), and no Jockey shift (yet).  Who is going to ride this bike besides me?  probably no one.  It's my bike!  crappity smack YEAH!  Why should I have 2 stock bikes?

IP Logged
Roadie

No, it's not a
Harley.

Lansing MI
Reply #10 - 04/07/06 at 09:55:23

Just teasing ya a bit there Vroom...  Grin

Kinda like the cartoon shocks.   Cheesy  I like the riding position, just the lack of seat padding and suspension makes my back ache...  Still pass on the "jockey shifter"though...

You have a sweet V-Star there..

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #11 - 04/07/06 at 10:01:23

No worries...  Smiley

I don't like show bikes that cost $20k+ either...

IP Logged
44mag
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 04/08/06 at 19:15:30

not my idea of smooth attitude ???

IP Logged
Patty
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 04/10/06 at 14:56:25

From the distaff side...I don't like the black look at all. I realize it's a personal thing but I like the shine and the chrome much better.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:10:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blacking out a bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.