Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad (Read 2 times)
911radioman
Ex Member

Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad
04/01/06 at 11:37:23

Here is a pic of the sheepskin butt pad I installed.  It feels great on the buns and makes for a more tolerable ride.  Best $39 I ever spent!

I'm going to do the seat lift mod probably on Monday.  I'm not doing anything else to the bike today... I'm gonna go to sleep soon!!! Cheesy

And for grins, here is a shot of the whole bike now.  Pardon the mess, the Savage is dirty and needs a good detailing!

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Re: Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad
Reply #1 - 04/01/06 at 13:18:36

you're bike keeps getting nicer and nicer, lookin good Wink

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/01/06 at 13:51:52

Thanks.  I think I'm just about done with it for now.  I'm going to do the seat lift mod the first of the week, and then I want to get the Kuryakyn helmet lock to go on the grips.

IP Logged
jrm8486
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/01/06 at 19:23:32

Trust me,your NEVER done with it!

IP Logged
SirWilhelm
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/02/06 at 16:18:08

I got a seat cover from an exercise bike. It had elastic all around but when I undid it, it was as large as my seat. Thinking the Alaska leather was as thick or thicker, I ordered one. Sorry, The $45 Alaska Leather pad was thin wool and only had one set of tie towns (to go under the seat). The $10 exercise bike seat cover was thicker, and after sewing buckles and a velcro strap to the front, it is much thicker and a lot more comfortable than the Alaska one. I was really disappointed in their pad.
But now that i have it all installed, I have what may be a short under the seat, so now I have to go undo the 3 bolts and check all the wiring.
But when I sewed the straps to the pad I used the buckles from the Alaska one, and a velcro wire harness strap, and it is in place but removable.

IP Logged
911radioman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/02/06 at 17:06:21

SirWilhelm wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
I got a seat cover from an exercise bike. It had elastic all around but when I undid it, it was as large as my seat. Thinking the Alaska leather was as thick or thicker, I ordered one. Sorry, The $45 Alaska Leather pad was thin wool and only had one set of tie towns (to go under the seat). The $10 exercise bike seat cover was thicker, and after sewing buckles and a velcro strap to the front, it is much thicker and a lot more comfortable than the Alaska one. I was really disappointed in their pad.
But now that i have it all installed, I have what may be a short under the seat, so now I have to go undo the 3 bolts and check all the wiring.
But when I sewed the straps to the pad I used the buckles from the Alaska one, and a velcro wire harness strap, and it is in place but removable.

We must be talking two different Alaska Leather's then, because mine doesn't resemble anything near what you're describing.

How many tie downs you need on that thing anyhow?  After all, your butt is actually holding it down... Cheesy

IP Logged
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Reply #6 - 04/02/06 at 17:15:49

911radioman wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
We must be talking two different Alaska Leather's then, because mine doesn't resemble anything near what you're describing.

I use an Alaska Leather cover on my other bike. It's very nice. All one piece and quite thick. No complaints from me and I'm picky Wink

I just got a gel and sheepskin pad for my LS650. I haven't put enough miles on it yet to give a review. It is very nicely made and the no slip surface on the bottom really works.

http://www.backinthesaddleseats.com/productsforsale.html

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #7 - 04/03/06 at 00:05:03

Dynobob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
the no slip surface on the bottom really works.

http://www.backinthesaddleseats.com/productsforsale.html

i bet it's tough on the butt wipe.  Shocked  Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 04/03/06 at 10:53:13

Mine is from http://www.sheepyhollow.com/.  Now that Summer seems to be back (91° F here yesterday), I'll be putting it back on soon.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 15:12:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.