Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
One tire or Two?
04/01/06 at 06:55:13

I know that tire size and type has been discussed over and over but I haven't seen anything on if it is better to replace both tires at the same time instead of just one. The stock rear tire on my '02 is getting thin and I'm planning to replace it soon, just wondering if the front shoud be replaced at the same time.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Re: One tire or Two?
Reply #1 - 04/01/06 at 07:26:58

Ed,
I have bought several rear tires and I think one new front tire. Bike has 13K on it.

Jim

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #2 - 04/01/06 at 14:29:38

I generally find that I go thru 2 back tires to one front, but I try not to mix and match brands/treads.  What you DO NOT want to do is mix radial tires with bias ply tires.  That is a big nono.  otherwise, you should be fine.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 04/01/06 at 15:32:11

Thanks, that's what I thought. Need to drop the rear wheel assembly to replace the sprocket so plan to change the tire at the same time. I'll stay away from mixing radials with bias ply tires, tried it once on a beater car, learned the hard way not to. Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 15:20:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › One tire or Two?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.