Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Luckily I was in the driveway (Read 5 times)
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Luckily I was in the driveway
03/29/06 at 19:57:41

Let me start off by saying that before I bought my Savage it had been laid down at slow speed on its right side. Now on with the rest of it. When I came home from work today I shifted my wieght to my pegs due to the inevitable pothole in my gravel drive. Thats when my right side peg just broke off and of course it had to go under the rear wheel which proceeded to run it over. Anyway, I switched it out with one from the rear as a temporary fix but only after I screwed up the mount trying to gerry-rig the original back on. So now I have a question.

Where can I find a stock peg and mount for the right side front of a 96? New or used and preferably CHEAP!!!

WWW   IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Re: Luckily I was in the driveway
Reply #1 - 03/29/06 at 20:02:46

try ebaymotors or ronayers.com

IP Logged
Taz

Bikes and boats,
Yeah!

Reply #2 - 03/30/06 at 03:15:51

Removing the rear pegs, how easy?

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #3 - 03/30/06 at 03:50:37

I checked Ebay and its a no go for stock I will try ronayers though. THNX.

Taz Taking the rear pegs off was easy, just pop out the little crome cap and unscrew the allen screw. But I would hate to have to take the mounts off. Probably let the tire shop do that when they replace the tire. I read on here they attach via an allen bolt on the inside of the swingarm.

WWW   IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #4 - 03/30/06 at 06:19:39

you might check with biker2biker.net sometimes they have odd parts.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Savage Librarian
Serious Thumper

One Hoopy Frood

Houston area
Reply #5 - 03/30/06 at 06:53:36

steelwolf wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
But I would hate to have to take the mounts off. Probably let the tire shop do that when they replace the tire. I read on here they attach via an allen bolt on the inside of the swingarm.

I just took the rear mounts off mine.  They DO attach with allen bolts from the inside of the swingarm.  And they are in tight.  I was pretty worried I was going to snap my allen wrench before the bolts came loose.  Of course, you also have to take the rear wheel off first, before you can remove the pegs...

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, used-up, worn out, and defiantly shouting 'Geronimo!!!'
xargonthegreat GuitarLOTR   IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #6 - 03/30/06 at 08:46:23

Where can I find a stock peg and mount for the right side front of a 96? New or used and preferably CHEAP!!!

http://www.metric-magic.com/

dirt cheap

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 03/30/06 at 10:25:11

RadarORiley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
you might check with biker2biker.net sometimes they have odd parts.

Last time I looked (I think it was last week), they were parting out a Savage.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Creator_11
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 03/30/06 at 14:07:56

I put a pair of harley highway pegs on mine.

My dad picked up a second pair of harley highway pegs for me, that he uses on his Road King. I removed the mounting bracket used to mount them to the highway bars. The used 4 washers from the hardware store and the pegs fit in the stock slots with the bolt perfectly fine.

The pegs cost $24 too. And look way better then stock.

Check your local harley dealer for their standard highway pegs.  8)

IP Logged
HighPlainsThumper
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 03/31/06 at 04:38:02

Let me start off by saying that before I bought my Savage it had been laid down at slow speed on its right side. Now on with the rest of it. When I came home from work today I shifted my wieght to my pegs due to the inevitable pothole in my gravel drive. Thats when my right side peg just broke off and of course it had to go under the rear wheel which proceeded to run it over. Anyway, I switched it out with one from the rear as a temporary fix but only after I screwed up the mount trying to gerry-rig the original back on. So now I have a question.

You can try http://www.bikebandit.com

and price out your parts.  AFAIK, their prices are OEM although their part numbers are not.  I've ordered from them, they seem faitfhul if you decide to order from them.

Laters, George (HPT) Grin

IP Logged
Paula71
2005 No Login

Ohio Rider 'N Luvn
every minute!

Troy, Ohio
Reply #10 - 04/01/06 at 17:03:44

I just replaced my stock pegs, the right rider peg is in great shape, it is off of an '05. Not sure if the rubber is the same or not.  If you are still looking for that replacement PM me.  I replaced the stock with the Highway Hawk comfort pegs (thank you, Susan), direct bolt on and look nice, too.

WWW sctsamj sctsamj   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 21:22:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Luckily I was in the driveway

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.