Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
rear wheel mounting (Read 2 times)
stinger139

rear wheel mounting
03/25/06 at 03:35:24

is there a trick to mounting the rear wheel? replaced the tire, and spent half the day trying to get the wheel assembly back on. should i try and assemble the whole wheel and run the axle thru or do it in sections? and if so, do i start from the right (brake drum side) or the left(pully side)? not a hell of alot of room to work with there. i cant seem to get the brake panel to slip over the frame knotch if i start from the belt side. i hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated. By the way, is it  possible to repair the rear tire if broken down on the road or do you have to have it towed? nice bike, but it could use a center stand for sure

IP Logged
torque
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

2008 nightster,flat
od green and black

rock hill,S.C.
Re: rear wheel mounting
Reply #1 - 03/25/06 at 05:58:07

u need to put the the brakes and pully on the rim,then roll the whole wheel underneeth the bike,put that brake handle on that notch first then,put the belt side spacer in then tilt the wheel up(using that notch as a rest) then slide the axle though from the belt side of the bike.

its really not that hard to change the tire,i changed the tube on the side of the road once,just layed the bike on its side in the grass.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #2 - 03/25/06 at 06:01:38

Start pushing the axle in from the right hand side- drum side - while keeping the spacers and the brake case slip'd over the frame tab - you can get pretty busy doing it for sure - little grease on the axle as well.

IP Logged
SeattleSavage
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/27/06 at 19:12:35

Assuming you have the bike raised it helps to have some 2x4's to stick under the tire as you move it into position so that you don't have to hold it up so much as you run the drive axle back through the assembly.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/12/24 at 07:29:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › rear wheel mounting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.