Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turn signal Blinker light problems (Read 10 times)
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Turn signal Blinker light problems
03/23/06 at 21:02:54

Ok, here goes.
When I turn on either turn signal it will not flash. There is one click from the flasher and then nothing, the bulb just stays lit brighter, either side. I have done this with both rear signals hooked up and disconnected. One click either side and nothing. Any ideas??
Thanks

Ike

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Turn signal Blinker light problems
Reply #1 - 03/24/06 at 02:35:01

I had a similar problem with my bike when I bought it, cleaned all four bulbs, cleaned the bulb holders, now all works OK and I didn't have to replace anything.

Maurizio

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 03/24/06 at 06:43:01

I would think it would be the blinker relay.  When mine shorted out and stopped working it was doing the same thing.  I replaced it with one from autozone because I replaced the front bulbs with led's and they blinked too fast.  I would get one from ronayers.com if u wanted stock.

IP Logged
USCG Cremeans
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/24/06 at 06:49:39

i think i basically had a similiar problem in my thread.  I charged the battery and checked the connections. seemed i wasn't getting enough juice to the blinker relay thing causing it to not be able to blink continuously.  It had enough juice for one click then they stayed lit.

Good Luck

IP Logged
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Reply #4 - 04/28/06 at 20:08:04

Problem resolved:
Since both the front and rear blinkers did flash once, I decided to try a cheap stock f12v flasher from discount auto parts. Reched in behind the tank puleed the plug of the old one and pushed it onto the new flasher - perfect fit. It worked!! All 4 blinkers blink. I wonder what the $1.96 flasher would have cost at the local stealership?   Grin

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 21:46:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Turn signal Blinker light problems

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.