Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Shorter Forward Controls??? (Read 4 times)
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Shorter Forward Controls???
Reply #15 - 03/23/06 at 04:15:01

650savagegirl wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:03:
... I believe I would be more comfy with the pegs a few inchs back to give my leg a little more angle...say about 90-120 degrees.   Any help on finding theses controls would be appriciated... Thanks in advance!!!  Kiss

I agree with Savagegirl. I am 5'5" and anytime I see a pothole or bump in the road I cringe because the footpegs are sooo far forward the is no way I can lift myself on the footpegs and 'float' on the corrugation. Which means it's all on the monkey a$$.

I have been looking at floorboards myself but in many circumstances, i.e. city traffic (in Europe it is not legal to split lanes, it is expected!) closer footpegs are actually desirable.

Maurizio

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Shorter Forward Controls???
Reply #16 - 03/23/06 at 06:18:05

Like mpescatori, I too am as we say here in Newfoundland a "short arse" ... 5'-4 1/2" with a 30" inseam ... and while if I had my "druthers" and would "druther" the controls were a little more mid-mounted (like the VS800 Intruder), I don't have a problem reaching them, nor pulling myself slightly off the seat to deal with more pronounced road ruts (of which there are plenty here Roll Eyes) ... pulling back on the bars helps with this and I am sure that the slightly more forward drag-bars of the S40 (as opposed to the Savage's pull-backs) would make this a little easier ... In fact the replacement of the stock buck-horn bars with S40 style drags and risers is tops on my list for the down-time at the end of this Riding season.

BTW ... had a chance to sit on a brand new XL1200L Sportster recently and found the fit and placement of the various controls to be even more erognomic for me than those of the LS650.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 23:17:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Shorter Forward Controls???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.